Monday, February 20, 2012 1:53 PM
I have problem with restoring windows server 2008R2 from network location. I tried both examples from this link without success. With GUI I have error Error details: Windows Backup encountered an error when accessing the remote shared folder. (0x8078015B) this eror pop up in the 2/5 of restoring disk C. Then I try with CLI and found that LAN(it is set static ip address, and I can ping network location) adapter on 21% of restoring lost connection and give me a error(than I try to ping same location and doesnt have response). After that I don't have connection until run again wizard.
Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:47 AMModerator
From your description, this issue is more likely related to permissions and networking.
please ensure that you give full permissions to that particular file or a folder.
To set file permissions, refer to the below steps:
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Advanced in the lower right.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window that pops up, click on the Owner tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Other users or groups.
- Click Advanced in the lower left corner.
- Click Find Now.
- Scroll through the results and double-click on your current user account.
- Click OK to all of the remaining windows except the first Properties window.
- Select your user account from the list up top and click Edit.
- Select your user account from the list up top again and then in the pane below, check Full control under Allow, or as much control as you need.
- You’ll get a security warning, click Yes.
If you through all of above methods, this issue still persists, I suspect that it may be networking issue, you may go to networking forum for a try.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
- Marked As Answer by Jeff RenModerator Monday, February 27, 2012 1:41 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:56 AM
I doubt that error is becouse permissions, I have full access with that user and I am already owner. I will try on networking forum.