Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:00 PM
I have unable to see my O365 users in Windows Intune. Here is the scenario which I used -
1. Signed up for a trial subscription for Windows Intune. I have 25 licenses left. Intune facilitates only creation of service/tenant administrators in the admin console page. I want to create a normal user and link the user to a device.
2. Created a "test" user in O365 portal at https://portal.microsoftonline.com/UserManagement/UserManager.aspx
3. Now this user does not show up in the Windows Intune portal - even in "All Users" page. When I create a device and assign a "test" user to Windows Intune - message I receive is "The user is not authorized to use Windows Intune"
4. The solution for this should be - I need to somehow assign licenses to the existing users - either manually or automatically assign it to my O365 users. Even "Link user" for a computer / device within Windows Intune does not show my O365 user created.
I am actually not sure how to do this. Can anyone help please.
thanks and regards
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:22 PM
Got it myself after browsing number of different places. You have to add users and assign licenses at https://account.manage.microsoft.com/UserManagement/UserManager.aspx instead of https://portal.microsoftonline.com/UserManagement/UserManager.aspx.
So many portals! :)
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:47 PMModerator
You can create users in both portals and they will show up in either portal. I just tested and confirmed this is working as expected.
However your Office 365 and Intune subscriptions must be using the same ID when you login.
Jon L. -MSFT
- Marked As Answer by Phani Lanka Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:36 PM