Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:01 AM
[ Environment ]
DPM Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64
Hyper-V Physical machine: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Hyper-V Guest machine: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86
[ Patches applied ]
[-- DPM Server --]
- WindowsServer2003 KB926140
- WindowsServer2003 KB934016
- WindowsServer2003 KB940349
- WindowsServer2003 KB967551
- WindowsServer2003 KB968447
- WindowsServer2003 KB969219
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB949779
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB954641
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB959605
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB961502
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB963102
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB968579
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB970867
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB970868
- DataProtectionManager2007- KB976542
[-- Hyper-V Guest machine --]
- WindowsServer2003- KB934016
- WindowsServer2003- KB940349
- WindowsServer2003- KB967551
- WindowsServer2003- KB968447
- WindowsServer2003- KB969219
[ Hyper-V Physical machine ]
- Windows6.1- KB975688
[ Problem ]
From the DPM Administrator Console the Hyper-V Physical machine agent shows 'OK' status.
But, when I created a Protection Group for Hyper-V guest machine and run Consistency Checking job, the job was in 'running' state for a long time.
It did not change status to finish or fail.
When the transfer started, data trasfered was 16.93MB, but after running the job for several days it still showed 16.93MB.
Need some help as to how to solve this issue of why DPM cant backup the Hyper-V guest machine.
Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:06 AMModerator
According to the description, the issue seems to be related to DPM. As we mainly focus on the Hyper-V question about Windows Server 2008 R2 system and here is not the best support resource for DPM, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding.
For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed.
Virtual Machine Manager – PRO/SC integration
- Marked As Answer by Vincent HuModerator Thursday, November 26, 2009 3:08 AM