Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:42 PMIs there Hyper V Manager console available for Windows 7 ? Or would Microsoft have a similar managment console on this new OS. Currently the only way I know how to run this manager is from a Windows 2008 Server.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:03 PMExcellent Question, Hyper User.
should've tried googling first:
- Proposed As Answer by Brian Borg Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:30 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:28 AMYou can also search the Microsoft Downloads and get the same beta RSAT package for Win7:
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7
In addition and once that RSAT package is installed, you can also use the same Hyper-V gadget as was available for use with Vista - works perfectly and IMHO is fantastically helpful
Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:39 PMAfter you have installed RSAT, go to Turn windows features on or off and enable Hyper-V tools under Remote server administration tools.
And yeah, the gadget is pretty neat :)
Monday, August 24, 2009 4:20 PMLooks like mindre.net dosen't exisit any longer - anyone have the gadget availible ?
Friday, August 28, 2009 6:07 PM
Looks like mindre.net dosen't exisit any longer - anyone have the gadget availible ?My server was down in the summer (Sorry about that), but it's now online. :)
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:32 AM
- Install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7, download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d2f6ad7-656b-4313-a005-4e344e43997d&displaylang=en
- Go to Start > Control panel Under Programs, click on Get programs
- On the left panel, click on Turn Windows feature on or off
- On the feature list, expand Remote Server Administration roles > Role Administration Tools Mark Hyper-V Tools Click OK
- Go to Administrative tools > Hyper-V Manager, launch it
- Now you can manage Hpyer-V virtual machines from your windows 7 box.
See Manage Hyper-V remotely from windows 7 for screenshot