Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:01 PM
I can not get Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service PAck 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 to install and I need it for a program to work?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:07 PMI noticed that this update wasn't successful on a random no. of machines in our network of 14 machines that are otherwise identical. Maybe this thing could even be the culprit as to why I suddenly can't switch on disk protection in steady state no more on 13 of the 14 machines?
Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:06 AMModerator
Hi all, as this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Update support group via:
The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forum/newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.
Sean Zhu - MSFT
- Marked As Answer by Sean Zhu -Moderator Friday, March 13, 2009 3:30 AM
Friday, March 13, 2009 8:36 PMHere is what I received and it worked for me- I would like to help you install the update KB951847. If the program still receives some error, please contact its manufacture for more information.
This issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. In order to resolve the issue, we have to remove previous versions of .NET Framework and reinstall .NET Framework 3.5, which contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1. Based on its current status, I suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Remove .NET Framework using
1. Please download the tool from the following link:
Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
2. Please save the zip file (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from the above link to the local Desktop and extract it.
3. Double click cleanup_tool.exe to run the tool.
4. Please follow the instructions given.
In the "Product to cleanup:" box, please select ".NET Framework - All versions".
5. Click "Cleanup Now" button.
After removing .NET Framework components, let's reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 and its Service Pack.
Step 2: Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
1. Click the following link:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1:
2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to manually install it.
3. Please download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update from the link below:
However, if any error is encountered when installing .NET Framework 3.5, please capture a screenshot of the error message:
How to capture a Screenshot:
1. When the error appears, please press the "" key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.
2. Click "Start", click "Run", type MSPAINT, and click "OK".
3. In Paint, click "Paste" under the "Edit" Menu, click "Save" under the "File" menu, type a file name for the screenshot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", click "Desktop" on the left pane, and click "Save".
4. Please find the screenshot on the Desktop and send it as an attachment to: email@example.com.
Note: When to emails, the process will vary depending on the email application being used. While you are composing the email, most applications will provide you with either an "Attach" button or Paper Clip Icon to click in order to attach a file. After clicking this button/icon you must browse to the file you wish to attach and select it by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking on the "Attach" button.
Please try my suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.
- Proposed As Answer by Brian Borg Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:57 AM
Monday, June 22, 2009 9:44 PMI am having the same problem and follwed your instructions to the point of installing MA.Net 3.5 SP. It competely loaded and then received the following error:
[06/22/09,17:37:39] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS):  Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS). MSI returned error code 3017
[06/22/09,17:37:56] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS):  CBS Component is marked to be uninstalled but CBSPackageName is not authored - CCBSComponent::SetManager()
[06/22/09,17:37:56] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS):  CBS Component can't be uninstalled as CBSPackageName is not authored - CCBSComponent::SetManager()
[06/22/09,17:38:00] WapUI:  DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.
Monday, December 10, 2012 3:06 PMTried the suggestions and the first address worked fine. The second one to do the update sends me to multiple sites and all I found were third party vendors trying to sell something. Since the first site worked I have problems 2ith my system. 12/10/2012