Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:51 PMthe spooler is being automatically turned off? it will turn on but then shuts down again?
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:44 AMModerator
Please make sure that the printer driver is Windows Server 8 beta compatible and try the following troubleshooting suggestions first:
Clear Printer Spooler Files and Enable the Spooler Service
1. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
3. Click Stop and click OK.
4. Click Start, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the Start Search box and press Enter, delete all files in this folder.
5. Click Start, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.
If it does not work, you may refer to the following Microsoft KB article for more troubleshooting information:
You cannot add a printer and you receive printer spooler error messages in Windows XP
Although this KB article is for Windows XP, the troubleshooting steps also applies to Windows Server 8 Beta.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Arthur_LiMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, May 21, 2012 2:59 AM