Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:42 PM
Whenever Server Manager tries to update I get the following error:
"Performance counter refresh failed with the following error: Data Collector Set was not found"
I've been looking all over and can't find anything on this. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)
Monday, November 19, 2012 5:25 AM
Considering this problem is related to Server Manager, we'll get a better chance asking for help in here:
- Marked As Answer by K_evin ZhuMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, November 26, 2012 2:07 AM
Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:52 AMAny solution for this yet?
Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:49 PM
This worked for me...
1. Open perfmon.exe on the server that is failing Performance counter refresh. Verify a User Defined > Data Collector Set called "Server Manager Performance Monitor" is present. If it is present and Stopped, then Start it. If that data collector set is not present do the following:
2. Open an elevated command prompt on a Windows Server 20112 computer that does not log this error in Server Manager and Export the User Data Collector Set.
logman export -n "Server Manager Performance Monitor" -xml SMPM.xml
3. Edit the SMPM.xml in notepad and remove the entire section <Security>DSIDs</Security> and save the file.
4. Open an elevated command prompt on the computer where the Data Collector Set was deleted.
logman import -n "Server Manager Performance Monitor" -xml SMPM.xml
logman start "Server Manager Performance Monitor"
5. Back in Server Manager delete the failed task and click the Refresh button for All Servers
- Proposed As Answer by johnb85022 Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:41 PM
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:41 PM
I had the same issue, I did the steps above. Fixed.
Just remember to use the elevated command, "Run as Administrator" for power shell is how I did it.