Monday, February 04, 2013 3:27 PM
I have installed 3 Windows 2012 datacenter on a VMWare ESX but I have some troubles with one of them (only one).
I'm only able to access on c$ (admin share) but not on my 2 other partitions.
Some information :
- The server has 3 partitions
==> C:System (SAS - local disk)
==> E:DATA and I:ArcGisServer (2 TB datastore from my SAN so I have 1 TB for disk E and 1 TB for disk I)
- I can't access to E$ or I$ (I've also tried to create network shares to try to access E and I, but no more luck) but I should be able to, as I can see them im my shares definition.
- All machines are in the same domain
- I'm admin on all the machines and I've tried to access share with servers and a client machine on the same domain too
- I've also tried to set rights to everyone (all) on the share properties and on ntfs rights too...but it doesn't let me access it
- I can see the share from another server but I can't access it "You do not have permission to access \\ServerA\ArcGisServer"
- Here are the acl on my partitionsC:\Windows\system32>cacls I:
- No firewall
- I can access share on the server itself (with admin share or network share name)
Thank you for your help
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:58 PM
So it was a VMWARE issue as described here :
- Marked As Answer by Stephan_F Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:58 PM
Friday, February 22, 2013 5:38 AMModeratorThanks for sharing.