Monday, January 28, 2013 3:46 PM
I currently have one production forest that holds several production subdomains. I'm in the process of building a 'development' forest and subdomains that will mimic production, however, I have some questions regarding DNS namespaces (prefix/suffixes).
- root.companyabc.org (forest root domain)
- dev-root.companyabc.org (forest root domain)
My questions are:
- Is it permissible to use the same 'companyabc.org' suffix in both my Production and Development forests?
- For the Development Forest can I just append the "dev-" prefix to the root and subdomain names?
Monday, January 28, 2013 3:51 PM1. Yes, just make sure that root and dev-root isn't going to be used by someone lese (e.g externally)
2. Yes, make sure that the NETBIOS name of the domains are diffrent as well (15 char limit)
Christoffer Andersson – Principal Advisor
http://blogs.chrisse.se - Directory Services Blog