Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:57 PMWe have been manually configuring Outlook Offline cache mode for users. The problem is that Online mode is the default for any new users or if a configured user goes to another workstation. I would like to configure a GPO that sets Offline cache mode (easy enough) BUT does not reconfigure existing accounts or cause a re-download of outlook mail on existing accounts when the GPO is applied. Can this be done?
Friday, June 08, 2012 5:16 AMYou might try using Outlook adm template to accomplish what you are looking for.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:16 AMModerator
You can configure cached Exchange mode settings by using Group Policy.
Download and install Office 2010 Administrative Template
Configure Cached Exchange Mode in Group Policy Management Console:
- In Group Policy, load the Outlook 2010 template (Outlk14.adm).
- To customize Cached Exchange Mode options, open the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and in the tree view expand Domains and then expand Group Policy Objects.
- Right-click the policy object that you want and then click Edit. The Group Policy Management Editor window opens.
- In the tree view, expand User Configuration, expand Policies, expand Administrative Templates, expand Classic Administrative Templates (ADM), expand Microsoft Outlook 2010, expand Account Settings, and then click Exchange. You can also expand Exchange and then click Cached Exchange Mode.
- In the reading pane, in the Setting column, double-click the policy that you want to set. For example, in the Exchange reading pane, double-click Use Cached Exchange Mode for new and existing Outlook profiles.
- Select Enabled and select an option (if appropriate).
- Click OK.
For more information please refer to following MS articles:Configure Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook 2010
Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX, ADML) and Office Customization Tool
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Lawrence LvMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, June 18, 2012 2:35 AM