Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:27 PM
I want to apply some policies rule to my remote desktop users only.
So I am using gpedit.msc to make that. The problem is any policies that I apply, it applies to Administrator user and I don't want that. I want to apply only to remote desktop users or users group.
This Is a Windows 2008 R2 Server with Terminal Services Role only.
Thanks in advance!
Monday, November 19, 2012 2:29 AMModerator
Based on my understanding that you want to create local GPO to apply to mon-admin users, if so, please refer to the below steps for details:
- Open mmc.exe
- When the MMC console opens, click "File" -> "Add/remove snapin"
- Select "Group Policy Object Editor" and click the "Add >" button
- In the dialog which appears, click "Browse".
Click the "users" tab and select a user.
- Click "OK", then "Finish", then "OK" again
You will now have a group policy user object for the selected user. Apply whatever restrictions you want.
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Yan Li_Microsoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:09 AM
Monday, November 19, 2012 9:33 AM
Thanks for your quick response.
This is the way, for sure, but how can I apply Policies to Remote Desktop Users Group, instead of user by user?
Or do I have to use Non-Administrators Group to do that?
Thank you again!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:14 AMModerator
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:22 AM
I tested with Non-Administrator users, and it does what I want.
Thanks for your help.