Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:18 PM
We are having two branches branch A and in Branch B both branches are having file server on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, in branch A we have around 1500 users and one file server and in branch B we are having 50 users and one file server, we have 30MB WAN Bandwidth between these two branches, we would like to achieve the following:
1. We do not have file servers highly available which is why we want the high availability of file servers
2. As we can not make those servers in a cluster which is why we want to deploy 2 windows server 2012 and make them as a file server cluster
3. in order to migrate data from one server to the cluster which with the same sharing permissions as well as ntfs permissions which tool should we use, does file server migration tool supports migration from windows server 2008 r2 sp1 to 2012 if not then what should be the method.
4. our bandwidth is not being utilized much between branch A and B can we move the file server from branch B to A and then allow users in branch B to use file server which is in branch A.
5. if 4 will be achieved then we might will use veeam to replicate virtual machine from site A to B so in case if site A will go down or if some thing wrong will happen to file servers then we will make that server up.
6. if 4 will not be achieved then we will deploy two more file servers in B branch on windows 2012 hyper-v cluster, then migrate the data of branch b file server to 2012 cluster,
7. after point number 6 we want to have a method that if branch server A file servers or if branch A goes down then still branch A users can use their data on branch B file server and same thing we need for branch B.
8. for point number 7 how we can achieve this, can we use SAN replication, if we use SAN replication then does it replicate the shares as well
9. Do we have another 3rd party software with which we can acheive this, remember in this case we want to have branch B users to use file server which is in branch B.
10. Do we have any other method from microsoft with which we can achieve the above point number7, 8 and 9.
Thanks alot for your support.
If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync