Saturday, February 09, 2013 9:42 PM
I'm looking for a doc that details how to correctly size a 2012 RDP server for X number of users, inc info on processor/memory etc? does such a document exist?
I'm looking to have 5 RDP users running office 2013, nothing too heavy...
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:09 AMModerator
Hi,Sizing of the RD Session Host will depend on the hardware, the applications and usage, there's a white paper available for capacity planning
For 2012,it doesn't exist right now.But if you have just 5 RDP users running office 2013,I think it will be running smoothly.
Here's some reading that will help you plan and design your deployment in server 08 r2 platform:
- Infrastructure Planning and Design: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3921fb-8224-4681-9064-075fdf042b0c
- Remote Desktop step-by-step guides: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?freetext=remote+desktop+step-by-step&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic
- Remote Desktop Session Host Capacity Planning in Windows Server 2008 R2:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca837962-4128-4680-b1c0-ad0985939063
- Remote Desktop Load Simulation Tools: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3f5f040-ab7b-4ec6-9ed3-1698105510ad
- RD Gateway Capacity Planning in Windows Server 2008 R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=d31ac8fd-6ad8-4c5e-8dc3-a93fb55abc76
- Hyper-V Planning and Deployment Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5da4058e-72cc-4b8d-bbb1-5e16a136ef42
SupportIf you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support
quality, please send your feedback here.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
- Marked As Answer by Clarence ZhangModerator Monday, February 18, 2013 4:51 AM
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:18 AM
that's excellent many thanks.
I'll be using a HP ML350p gen 8 with a 2012 virtual server with 4 threads and 16gb ram......