Saturday, August 04, 2012 12:25 PM
I have configured Remote desktop application in windows 2008 R2 server and created MSword 2010 application on it. In user end we can access and work the application, But unable to print the word document in client's Local printer. In server end, the server does not detect the client's local server. Please help me to solve this problem.
- Edited by SamynathanLoganathan Saturday, August 04, 2012 12:26 PM
Monday, August 06, 2012 10:50 AMModerator
RemoteApp program is just a different way of seeing a Terminal session. Please verify that the printer redirection was enabled, with or without EasyPrint as you see fit. Also ensure when printing, choose the redirected printer.
Please check the following items:
- The client computer have installed RDC 6.1 or above (Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and above includes this). You also can install the Remote Desktop Connection 7.0.
Group Policy must be correctly set to enable Easy Print on the Server. The policy location is “Computer Configuration -> Administrative templates -Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host -> Printer Redirection”. The setting “Use Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver first” must be set to “Enabled” for Easy Print redirection, and it has to be “Disabled” for Legacy Print. For “Not configured”, Easy Print is chosen by default.
- Ensure that the spooler service is running on both the RemoteApp client and Server.
- If you connect over RD Gateway, ensure that the policy that disables printer redirection is turned off.
- If everything listed so far is correct and you still have a redirection problem, please check the event logs in the client and Server.
Using Remote Desktop Easy Print in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
TechNet Community Support