Discussion on all questions related to Windows Server 2012 Essentials. For questions regarding Small Business Server 2011 or earlier or questions regarding Small Business Server Essentials 2011 or Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials, please go to the following URL: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sbsserver
Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials Now Available
Windows Server 2012 Essentials Update Rollup 1 has been released and is available for download from Microsoft Update. This update consists of 4 new features including, the support for Hosted Email Framework, and 7 fixes for important issues. You can read about the content in this update rollup in Microsoft Support Knowledgebase article 2781267.
In addition to the server-side update, a client-side update has been released as well. This update is documented in KB 2781268. The client-side package will be downloaded to the server along with the Update rollup. Users do not have to go to the Windows Update website to obtain the package separately for client machines.
Known issues for this update
You are not automatically offered Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials from Windows Update if you follow the steps that are provided in the following Microsoft TechNet topic:
For a workaround to this issue, click the following article number to go to the article the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2828232
Install Update Rollup 2781267 if you transition from Windows Server 2012 Essentials to Windows Server 2012 Standard
If you have the Office 365 Integration feature enabled before you install Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials, you may receive the following Health Alert after you restart the server and open the Dashboard:
One or more services are not running The following important Windows services are not running. Windows Server Office 365 Integration Service (O365ProviderSvc) Note: Services can be stopped when software updates are applied.
For a workaround to this issue, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2828257Office 365 Integration Service reports do not run after you install Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Windows Server Essentials integration module for Windows Azure Backup upgraded
With the announcement of the new Windows Azure Backup preview, we’re happy to announce the new release of the Windows Server Essentials integration module.
Windows Azure Backup helps you protect important server data off-site with automated backup and restoration. You can manage cloud backups from Windows Server 2012 Essentials Dashboard by installing the integration module.
To start using the Windows Azure Backup preview, please create a Windows Azure account. To begin your sign up, go to the Windows Azure free trial webpage. Then visit the Windows Azure Management Portal to New a backup vault, download and install the integration module, and register your server.
If you had the previous version of the integration module installed, you must retrieve your stored data before May 4. Then you need to uninstall the previous integration module and the Windows Azure Online Backup agent, before trying the new version.
To uninstall the integration module:
- Go to the Essentials Dashboard.
- Navigate to Applications page, Add-ins tab.
- Remove the online backup add-in.
To uninstall the Windows Azure Online Backup agent:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the Windows Azure Online Backup agent.
Data from the earlier preview will be available until May 4, 2013. It will not be transferred to the new Windows Azure Backup preview. Please make sure to retrieve any data that you wish to retrieve before uninstalling the old integration module.
Windows Server 2012 Essentials Resources
Download RTM Evaluation copy from here:
See Sinead’s post for details:
Read the Overview blog from our engineering team:
More product introduction coming from our official product blog:
Product data sheet and FAQ
Licensing datasheet on price, license, and server roles comparison:
Additional downloads on TechNet and MSDN, including SDK and Client Restore Disk:
Thank you everyone for your feedbacks and support, please continue to use the Windows Server 2012 Essentials forum for your RTM and evaluation experience.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 02Mike Mx2 17 minutes ago
- 12251Ken1954 Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:40 AM
- 11151paulmca Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:46 PM
- 3374Vin_V Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:03 PM
- 7127marky9074 Monday, May 20, 2013 11:02 AM
- 254Leo Vetterli 21 hours 11 minutes ago
- 204192Gongman66 Friday, September 28, 2012 12:26 AM
- 15166kevend Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:15 PM
- 2126Frenchman1 Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:48 PM
- 139Davis Darvish 19 hours 16 minutes ago
- 297EduardComanici Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:35 AM
- 292Arian Kulp Monday, May 13, 2013 5:14 AM
- 2112pjw73 Monday, May 13, 2013 6:36 PM
- 146merxcer Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:21 PM
- 10294bellinger Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:56 PM
- 290cddefo Friday, May 17, 2013 6:36 PM
- 157aliha1 Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:15 AM
- 7617InteXX Friday, January 25, 2013 4:29 AM
- 5126ITEC Entertainment Friday, May 17, 2013 11:48 PM
- 4145vind-surfer Monday, May 13, 2013 12:34 PM