Friday, December 30, 2011 2:02 PM
Please help as i am unable to uninstall .net framework 2.0....its very urgent
Friday, December 30, 2011 3:45 PMModerator
This issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. Based on its current status, I suggest trying the following troubleshooting steps.
Step 1: Remove .NET Framework using removal tool
1. Please download the tool from the following link:
Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
2. Please save the zip file (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from the above link to the local Desktop and extract it.
3. Double click cleanup_tool.exe to run the tool.
4. Please follow the instructions given.
In the "Product to cleanup:" box, please select ".NET Framework - All versions".
5. Click "Cleanup Now" button.
After removing .NET Framework components, please reinstall .NET Framework 2.0.
Step 2: Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
1. Click the following link:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to manually install it.
TechNet Community Support