Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:34 PMI'm trying to install KB972600 on a Server 2008 R2 64-Bit but get the following error message:
The update is not applicable to your computer.
Is there a different Hotfix for that operating system?
Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:44 PM
Well from the Applies To Section Windows 2008 Server R2 is not part of the issue. Doesn't seem like there is a current hotfix for this edition to this issue. Possibly the issue was suppose to be fixed in Windows 2008 Server R2 and Windows 7 or a hotfix hasn't been released yet
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems
Friday, November 16, 2012 9:22 AM
The problem which was fixed by KB972600 is already fixed in Windows Server 2008 R2 versions.
We need not and cannot install it in this situation.
Friday, November 16, 2012 1:19 PMWould anybody know why the default printer would keep changing when people login to this server then?
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:18 AM
Please check the info in the thread below to see if it can help:
Default printer keeps changing
Also please try asking the issue in printer forum:
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:54 PMThanks for everyone help. As it turns out it was an issue on a thin client that the user was logging in from and not everyone using it as a terminal server.
- Marked As Answer by K_evin ZhuMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, November 23, 2012 5:03 AM