Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:49 PM
I hope someone can help about updates of Windows 2008 R2 server. No AD.
1. Use only for ERP via VPN for remote users and local workgroup.
2. The setup of Windows updating is only "notify when its download and manually install it."
The problem comes when select those updates which is "required" to be update, nothing happens and it just 0% all day night..
I check some users that connected through vpn it was 2-3 users only. I check all... I have internet and everything is fine.
but till morning nothing happens to 0%. We did restart the server hope it goes fine. Then we open the windows update, in CP
but its not opening. What's is wrong now? I tried to restart again, windows update is not opening? Is there something wrong?
Please help me.
Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:56 PM
Has the update readiness tool been run without error?
Then check the
file for errors.
Regards, Dave Patrick ....
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
- Marked As Answer by Miklos_Lance Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:15 AM
Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:16 PM
Please proceed like that:
- Run chkdsk /r /f and sfc /scannow
- Run the System Update Readiness tool for your OS
- Disable temporary all Security software
- Reset Windows Update Components
- Do a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
- Run System Update Readiness tool for your OS
If this does not help, you can try to manually install these updates and check the results.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
- Edited by Mr XMVP Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:21 PM
Monday, December 10, 2012 8:50 AMModerator
You can also try to apply this Microsoft Fixit and see how it works.
How do I reset Windows Update components
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support