Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:31 PMOur Windows 2008 R2 runs 20+ scheduled task and just about all of them are failing with an error code 0xC0000142. Some are powershell scripts, some are batch scripts, some are VB scripts and some are just normal Robocopy jobs like below.
\\10.160.130.215\d$\Inetpub \\10.160.130.217\d$\Inetpub /MIR /NP /S /R:0 /MON:1
This started occurring last month after we did a windows patch cycle and nothing I do seems to get these jobs running. They are all running with a windows domain admin account with the Highest privileges and whether the user is logged in or not. We have tried multiple domain admin accounts and the job runs once and then not again.
Has anyone seen this issue or come up with a fix?
- Changed Type Cicely FengMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:06 AM
Friday, January 18, 2013 3:56 AM
Could be a corrupted XML's file, double check inside it to be sure everything is ok in there. (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2management/thread/d59e1f38-f565-4a3d-8e37-6b2a8c2a5e91/)
From previous post, it should look like
In the faulty .xml
- Marked As Answer by Cicely FengMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:56 AM
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:45 PMI checked out all 48 XML files and none of them have the corrupt SID in the UserID. I also exported all jobs, then deleted the jobs and re-added the jobs and I am still having the same issue. Even if I delete the jobs and recreate 1 job from scratch I get the same error.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:51 AM
I would then check what KB you installed and start by there.
If the task run on a DC I know you got some local policy that restrict the task scheduler, but an domain admin account should not be included into that.