The windows update "Update for kb 2756822 cannot be installed because of an error" 2148204800 "No signature was present in the subject"
Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:06 AM
I was trying to install this kb2756822 on Microsoft server 2008 service pack 2 machine and encounter this error. Anyone have any idea whats wrong.
I have reboot the server and attempted to copy the working installer over to try but the installation still fails.
Error Code 2148204800
Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:15 AM
Has the update readiness tool been run without error?
Then check the
file for errors.
Regards, Dave Patrick ....
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:33 PMModerator
2148204800 is 0x800B0100 in hexidecimal. Please refer to the below KB, run Windows Update Troubleshooter and System update Readiness Tool.
Error 0x800B0100 when you try to install Windows Updates or Microsoft Updates
If any errors were found, please refer to the below guide line to interpret the checksur log:
Advanced guidelines for diagnosing and fixing servicing corruption
- Marked As Answer by Cheers ZHANGMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Friday, December 07, 2012 4:04 AM
Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:51 PM
Please try proceeding like the following:
- Disable temprorary all security software on the server
- Uninstall all unused programs
- Do a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
- Reset Windows Update components
- Install System Update Readiness tool for your OS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
- Run chkdsk /r /f and sfc /scannow
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:04 AM
Thx Cheers ZHANG, Patrick,Mr X,
Let me try to download the update readiness tool approach.
Will keep u all updated on the results.
Have a great day!