Monday, February 11, 2013 9:08 AMWhat is the issue?
- Server 2012 Essentials freezes and stops responding.
What are the symptoms?
- The OS randomly stops responding and nothing responds except mouse movements, Caps Lock and Num Lock.
- Clicking on Task Manager doesn't work. If Task Manager is already running, it enters a Not Responding state.
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work.
- No error messages are displayed.
- Requires forced restart of the server.
What is the specific function that you are experiencing a problem with?
- Running an application directly (instead of saving it first) from an IE download seems to cause this. I can replicate this by trying to download or run TeamViewer host setup. Trying to save it to any of the three drives causes the system to freeze, only after selecting the drive and clicking Save (or Run).
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
- Supermicro X9SCM-F motherboard, Intel Xeon E3-1245v2, Kingston 8GB ECC PC3-12800 RAM.
- RAID1 (boot), RAID10 (server folders), USB Removeable storage (external backup).
What have I tried?
Best Practices Analyser only displays errors regarding IE Enhanced security
Monday, February 11, 2013 11:26 AM
Please seek assistance here in the relevant forum
- Marked As Answer by Cheers ZHANGMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:47 AM