Monday, December 03, 2012 5:30 PM
Recently purchased a sound card for our server but can't get it working.
Sound card manual states that it's Windows Server 2008 compatible. Model is: Dp Soundwave 5.1 Pcie 24-BIT with S/pdif Optical Out
- Hardware Installed
- Driver installed from the CD provided with software (shows at Device Manager as Envy24 Family Audio Controller WDM - no exclamation marks or crosses; volume controller shows white cross on red circle; under control panel -> sound -> playback message "No audio devices are installed")
- Services -> Windows Audio -> Enable (Auto on startup) -> Restart - no effects
- Driver uninstall and install one from the official site - no effect
- Windows Updates - no effect
- Direct X installation - no effect
Peer1 super micro Pro Series 2.0
2U SM CSE-825TQ Chassis
Intel Xeon E5-2630 2.3 GHz Six -Core 12 Threads (w H/T)
Running Windows Server 2008 R2 (fully updated).
Sound card support couldn't provide any valuable advice except things that were already tried.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Monday, December 03, 2012 6:29 PM
Please contact your sound card manufacturer Technical Support for assistance.
Also, try to get the latest driver version and install it.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:33 AM
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:05 AM
Problem solved. I totally forgot that in Remote Desktop Connection have under Local Resources - Settings... selected Play on remote computer (for our old server which didn't have audio).
Switching back to "Play on this computer" worked.
- Marked As Answer by Vadym Romanyuk Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:05 AM