Monday, March 04, 2013 10:12 AMHi
I have a windows server 2003 running smtp. I am facing a situation whereby email dropped into the pickup folder for a particular client domain gets picked up by IIS and dropped in the drop folder rather than sending it out to our pmta mail relay server.
We have millions of emails sent out via this server other several domains but this issue seems to only happen on this particular domain but when we try this on a different smtp server, it works fine.
So I am wondering what could cause IIS to think that the domain is inbound rather than sending it out to the smart-host mail server.
1. Can anyone guide me on how to trace the cause of tghsi issue
2. Can one use wiresharp to investigate
3. Is there any tool available from microsoft to assist with the investigation
Monday, March 04, 2013 10:24 AM
For IIS I'd ask them over here.
Regards, Dave Patrick ....
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
- Marked As Answer by Cheers ZHANGMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:31 AM
Monday, March 04, 2013 10:38 AMWell I did but no response. I was asked to try Windows forum. Will try LinkedIn
- Edited by Isaac2k2 Monday, March 04, 2013 10:40 AM