Windows Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V: The Integration services not running properly after installation Windows7 Home Premium and Windows7 Home Basic
Monday, July 06, 2009 3:37 PMI have Windows 2008 SP2 (64-bit) and new VM Images Windows7 (64-bit).
The Integration services running properly after installation Windows7 Ultimate and Windows7 Professional. Installation Integration Services Setup is not required.
The Integration services not running properly after installation Windows7 Home Premium and Windows7 Home Basic. If I running Integration Services Setup, it fail with error "An error has occurred: Unable to launch one of the update programs.".
1. Windows 7 Home is not supported with Hyper-V?
2. Will be possible use Virtual image Windows7 under Windows Vista Virtual PC, Windows7 Virtual PC and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V (with the same Integrated Services version)?
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:30 PMYou might get a better response on the Hyper-V forum, there's more server people over there.
Bob Comer - Microsoft MVP Virtual Machine
Monday, July 13, 2009 10:40 AMModerator
Question 1 : Windows 7 Home is not supported with Hyper-V?
Answer 1: I can reproduce the issue. I will confirm with our product group on the supportability of Windows 7 Home Edition and update here if there are any news.
Question 2 : Will be possible use Virtual image Windows7 under Windows Vista Virtual PC, Windows7 Virtual PC and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V (with the same Integrated Services version)?
Answer 2: I suspect you are meaning that whether you can run the .VHD(install Windows 7 Home edition inside) file in Virtual PC and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V.
1. For Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V, the answer should be the same with Windows Server 2008 SP2 Hyper-V.
2. For Virtual PC on Vista and Windows 7, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding.
For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed.
Discussions in Virtual PC
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:16 AMModerator
Question : Windows 7 Home is not supported with Hyper-V?
Answer : I confirmed with our production group, Windows 7 Home edition are not supported on virtualization(Hyper-V).
- Marked As Answer by AdminXP Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:18 PM
Friday, July 17, 2009 2:51 AMModerator
I want to see if the information provided was helpful. Your feedback is very useful for the further research. Please feel free to let me know if you have addition questions.