Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:34 AM
Microsoft announced yesterday that PowerShell 2.0 is now supported by Windows Update on Windows XP:
I tried installing PowerShell 2.0, using Windows Update, onto my XP SP3 box but the update failed with error:
"The following updates were not installed. Windows PowerShell 2.0 and WinRM 2.0 for Windows XP and Windows Embedded (KB968930)"
Please can anyone advise what I should next?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:07 PM
try to stop the WinRM service via the command prompt using "net stop winrm". then install the KB968930 again.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:56 PM
Actually that service was not started. But I have fixed my problem by following the instructions below from:
Did you have PowerShell 1.0 on the same machine? if so Uninstall the following:
- Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971513)
- Update for Windows Internet Explorer (KB975364)
- Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service
- Windows Powershell 1.0 MUI Pack
- Wndows Powershell 1.0
- Windows Management Framework Core
Then reinstall PowerShell 2.0
- Marked As Answer by DavidTM Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:56 PM
Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:59 AM
I needed to run
Problem was resolved by reseting the security - choose your own switches or use the following to drop a log file to the root of C: by typing the following in a command prompt:
%windir%\system32\secedit.exe /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /log C:\secedit.log /verbose
before I could fix this issue
- Proposed As Answer by Gerhard Maree Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:14 AM