Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:09 PM
Wondering if you could help, i have a upstream WSUS server in the main office and then 15 downstream servers at various sites that connect to it. At the beggining of november, 3 of these sites stopped syncing correctly. They see the upstream server but the sync comes up as unknown, and then the MMC freezes, when i go back in nothing has updated. I have tried a variety of solutions by reinstalling etc, moving wsus to its on site in IIS, clearing all proxy issues with the network but it still fails.
Its impossible to rebuild as they are at remote sites or i would have just done this.
As far as i am aware there has been no network changes as i deal with this also, it just seems that even though it can see the upstream server it refuses to download from it.
Any help would be appreaciated.
- Edited by Ross Mcleod Monday, January 14, 2013 5:36 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:46 AMModerator
Are there any proxy devices/settings that blocking the access to the upstream server?Also check on these downlstream servers to see whether there are any errors in the eventlog.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:58 PM
There is usually a proxy for the internet but not for internal resources. I have completely disabled any trace of this and the server can get straight out onto anything but it still happens. I can telnet to the upstream server via port 21 and 80 etc, the only errors i get is when it freezes during the sync saying it cant connect to the remote API.
Monday, January 14, 2013 5:35 PM
Eventually got this sorted.
Corrupt databases, just wiped them and resynced leaving the download files intact, all working now.