Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:23 PM
I administer over 3000 devices and multiple clients on our WSUS. We are running it on a VM server 2008 R2. Currently with 2 CPUs and 16GB of RAM. I also am using SQL 2008 R2 to run my database.
My problem I am getting is a lot of time out errors on my client side usually with "Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed". When I check the application logs I get a lot of ASP.net errors. I am pulling my hair out at this point. Can anyone please help me with this?
Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:03 AMModerator
Pls post the errors here on client side for us to further look at this issue.How about your WSUS group policy setting?What do you mean by a lot of ASP.net errors?Are all the client machine affected?or just an individual issue?
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:22 AMModerator
My problem I am getting is a lot of time out errors on my client side usually with "Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed".
Timeout errors are almost always associated with one or more of the following:
- Too many updates present in the WSUS database (a manifestation of not using the Server Cleanup Wizard and/or enabling the DRIVERS classification)
- Too many *approved* updates present in the WSUS database (a manifestation of not performing required update administration)
- Not using the WSUS DB Maintenance script to reindex the database
- The database residing on a highly fragmented filesystem.
There are several threads in this forum, occuring an an exponentially increasing rate over the past year, discussing how to remediate these issues, and I would encourage you to search the forum on the keywords "timeout" and/or "defrag" to find those conversations.
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
SolarWinds Head Geek
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
- Marked As Answer by Clarence ZhangModerator Monday, October 22, 2012 3:13 AM