Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:19 AMI am at my wits end here. I have been battling WSUS for close to 3 days now. At first we started having issues with clients not connecting to WSUS and the snap-in crashing over any over again. After troubleshooting it for a while we resorted to a system rebuild. So now we have a freshly built system with a fresh install of WSUS after which I installed the KB2720211 patch. Things were going great for several hours. We could access the console, the clients were all starting to check in. I could run Windows Update on a client and it would come back saying no patches available. Which at the time I thought was ok since I had not approved any of the updates yet. After approving all of the updates all the clients still reported back staying no patches we available. Then things started to break again. The snap-in stopped loading and then I started getting errors in the Event Viewer reporting "mssql$microsoft##ssee cannot be found". I poked around on technet again with no luck getting it fixed. I dont know what else to do here. Im about to lose my mind with this issue. Please someone send some help my direction.
Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:20 AM
eliminate your security settings and GPO as a potential cause
eliminate your antivirus products as a cause
take the WSUS off your domain in case it is a GPO and/or security policy
if it's the same hardware as was used for your original WSUS server, have you confirmed that the hardware is ok, eliminate flakey memory etc
(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
Monday, November 19, 2012 1:01 AM
I actually ended up rebuilding the OS one more time. And so far its all stuck.
- Marked As Answer by Lawrence GarvinMVP, Moderator 17 hours 57 minutes ago