none
email bounce back from bigfish.com

Question

• I attempted to contact a CEO and Chairman of a Company I tried with a known format of for their email aaa.bbb@xyz.com and got a bounce back as not a good address but the server bouncing it back was not big fish.com although bigfish.com was contained in the header information.  I resent the email to the same names but at the address that came back as the server.  I have not received a bounce back from them since and usually it is immediate, can I assume that the emails got through?
    Friday, February 17, 2012 10:48 AM

Answers

• On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:48:36 +0000, cmcateer2 wrote:

>I attempted to contact a CEO and Chairman of a Company I tried with a known format of for their email aaa.bbb@xyz.com and got a bounce back as not a good address but the server bouncing it back was not big fish.com although bigfish.com was contained in the header information. I resent the email to the same names but at the address that came back as the server. I have not received a bounce back from them since and usually it is immediate, can I assume that the emails got through?

You can assume what you like, but that's not proof the message was
    delivered to the mailbox.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Castinlu Monday, February 20, 2012 6:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Friday, February 24, 2012 8:21 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 10:36 PM
  • hi,

How about your issue now?Any update?

First you say"aaa.bbb@xyz.com ",then you say"bouncing it back was not big fish.com ".

I can't understand clearly. Can you describe your problem more clearly?

About your question:can I assume that the emails got through?

I also should say:no you can't.

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Castinlu Friday, February 24, 2012 8:23 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 6:55 AM

All replies

• On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:48:36 +0000, cmcateer2 wrote:

>I attempted to contact a CEO and Chairman of a Company I tried with a known format of for their email aaa.bbb@xyz.com and got a bounce back as not a good address but the server bouncing it back was not big fish.com although bigfish.com was contained in the header information. I resent the email to the same names but at the address that came back as the server. I have not received a bounce back from them since and usually it is immediate, can I assume that the emails got through?

You can assume what you like, but that's not proof the message was
    delivered to the mailbox.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Castinlu Monday, February 20, 2012 6:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Friday, February 24, 2012 8:21 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 10:36 PM
  • I agree with Rich.

But I think we need more information about the NDR that is delivered back and the involved domains.

KPN Consulting - Technical Consultant www.bart-timmermans.nl

Friday, February 17, 2012 10:42 PM
  • Bounced messages usually contain two parts. The first one has the reason for the bounce message; and the original message gets in second part of bounced email. You should write email address properly with correct and accurate username then make sure that you are using correct domain name and similarly you must be careful about domain type you entered. And you may visit this site for more informations about your problem>>

http://www.techyv.com/questions/bounce-back-error-message-when-trying-send-emails-through-yahoo-mail

Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:10 PM
  • hi,

How about your issue now?Any update?

First you say"aaa.bbb@xyz.com ",then you say"bouncing it back was not big fish.com ".

I can't understand clearly. Can you describe your problem more clearly?

About your question:can I assume that the emails got through?

I also should say:no you can't.

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Castinlu Friday, February 24, 2012 8:23 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2012 6:55 AM