Discussions on Backup and Recovery for System Center Configuration Manager Sites
!! Read this before posting to this forum !!Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft EmployeeWednesday, May 20, 2009 9:00 PM
Welcome to the Configuration Manager community!
The Configuration Manager forums are a great way to get expert help when you are not finding what you need in documentation or other online publications or if you have further clarifying questions. There are lots of feature experts from the community ready to help - people like you who work with the product every day and have to solve the very same issues you are working though, and of course some of the folks from Microsoft that design, build, test and support the product.
First of all these forums are for System Center Configuration Manager only.
For the latest information see our Product Page
Posts about other products will be moved or deleted to keep the search indexing accurate.
For help with SMS 2003 please see the ‘other links’ at the bottom of this announcement.
Before posting we would ask that you make a reasonable effort to find a solution that has already been published or posted:
· In posts already in the forums - often someone has already hit your issue and posted a solution (see searching below)
· In the documentation library HERE
· On other Technet resources or blogs – links below
Tips for keyword searches:
Sometimes it's just a difference in a keyword, but you can find a lot of answers with the correct ones.
Search in Technet or your favorite search engine:
Keywords: always use 'Configuration Manager' then narrow to specific terms that you find in error messages, component names or logs.
You might be surprised how often the answer is in the top 10 results returned.
Still didn't find what you are looking for?
Great, create a post and provide enough information so you can get a useful answer quickly. The more information you provide, the faster someone can recognize your issue and get you the best solution.
· Look through the forums to locate the category that most closely matches the feature or operation you are attempting.
· Include the version of the product - Config Mgr 2007 SP1, SP2 or R2.
· Describe relevant details about your environment (operating systems, SQL, AD, accounts, site settings) and what you are attempting to accomplish.
· If there is an error or problem include sections of relevant logs and/or exact error messages.
· Describe what remedies you have tried already.
· Check back on your post often, many are answered the same day!
Other Useful Links:
System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Systems Management Server 2003
Community Support Newsgroups
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 014400Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft EmployeeTuesday, December 02, 2008 6:00 PM
- 2176james simons Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:28 AM
- 2153satya10 Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:56 AM
- 1785milton prather Saturday, February 02, 2013 8:22 PM
- 51161imranmicro Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:35 AM
- 35445Kenzono Thursday, October 01, 2009 4:07 PM
- 97590McLeod_C Friday, December 04, 2009 8:18 AM
- 13147kambay Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:03 PM
- 33532W.R. Haulmark Monday, August 01, 2011 4:53 PM
- 13471SiddheshM Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:57 AM
- 14055BclCreations Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:18 AM
how create a bootable recovery partition for windows vista ultimate with all programs installed,updates and all configuration like recovery disk from factory ?eaglewarior Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:01 AM
- 33613Naidu17 Friday, November 12, 2010 5:02 AM
- 53133AKDT Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:02 AM
- 15555scotty25tq Wednesday, September 09, 2009 11:27 PM
- 07663Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft EmployeeThursday, May 21, 2009 3:22 PM
- 13844Mohamed Sabbour Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:30 PM
- 83702bwilms Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:28 PM
- 14150Alicia CalesMicrosoft EmployeeThursday, December 11, 2008 3:19 AM
- 03354Alicia CalesMicrosoft EmployeeSunday, December 07, 2008 6:27 PM
- 44798Kev147 Monday, February 11, 2008 2:12 PM