Discussion on the Reporting feature for System Center Configuration Manager
!! Read this before posting to this forum !!
Welcome to the Configuration Manager community!
The Configuration Manager forums are a great way to get expert help when you are not finding what you need in documentation or other online publications or if you have further clarifying questions. There are lots of feature experts from the community ready to help - people like you who work with the product every day and have to solve the very same issues you are working though, and of course some of the folks from Microsoft that design, build, test and support the product.
First of all these forums are for System Center Configuration Manager only.
For the latest information see our Product Page
Posts about other products will be moved or deleted to keep the search indexing accurate.
For help with SMS 2003 please see the ‘other links’ at the bottom of this announcement.
Before posting we would ask that you make a reasonable effort to find a solution that has already been published or posted:
· In posts already in the forums - often someone has already hit your issue and posted a solution (see searching below)
· In the documentation library HERE
· On other Technet resources or blogs – links below
Tips for keyword searches:
Sometimes it's just a difference in a keyword, but you can find a lot of answers with the correct ones.
Search in Technet or your favorite search engine:
Keywords: always use 'Configuration Manager' then narrow to specific terms that you find in error messages, component names or logs.
You might be surprised how often the answer is in the top 10 results returned.
Still didn't find what you are looking for?
Great, create a post and provide enough information so you can get a useful answer quickly. The more information you provide, the faster someone can recognize your issue and get you the best solution.
· Look through the forums to locate the category that most closely matches the feature or operation you are attempting.
· Include the version of the product - Config Mgr 2007 SP1, SP2 or R2.
· Describe relevant details about your environment (operating systems, SQL, AD, accounts, site settings) and what you are attempting to accomplish.
· If there is an error or problem include sections of relevant logs and/or exact error messages.
· Describe what remedies you have tried already.
· Check back on your post often, many are answered the same day!
Other Useful Links:
System Center Configuration Manager 2007
Systems Management Server 2003
Community Support Newsgroups
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 126raofu09 13 hours 30 minutes ago
- 6121Prahasth Friday, May 03, 2013 5:05 AM
SQL for Query for "With specific User ID What are the advertisments(also Collections) are created with time stamp"RanvirSingh Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:40 PM
- 1187Niall Carter Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:02 AM
- 258Radu Visa Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:08 PM
- 449itsted Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:48 PM
Reporting Services account getting locked out when I open the properties of the Reporting Services Site Server in the consolesdhondaman Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:06 PM
- 367PRASHANT9 Monday, May 13, 2013 12:25 PM
- 268DanStephens Friday, May 10, 2013 1:44 PM
- 1133JasBling Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:30 PM
- 10132sevengs Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:12 AM
- 294KILBRI Monday, May 06, 2013 5:34 PM
- 203368Ian Burnell Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:53 AM
- 4110Narendra Nadh Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:30 AM
- 5111raofu09 Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:32 AM
- 1114Andrew_H99 Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:13 PM
- 192Frank Trout Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:51 PM
- 7240Narendra Nadh Friday, April 12, 2013 2:57 AM
- 2150itsted Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:43 AM
- 4112KPRDave Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:58 PM