Small Business Server announcement
Here are a few suggestions that make it sure you get the best answer to your question as quickly as possible:
1. Search the Forum for your question -- Quite possibly someone may have already answered your question, and you won't have to spend time waiting for it to be answered again.
2. If Possible Run SBS Best Practices Analyzer. (It often can help you fix problems on your own.)
SBS2011 Best Practices Analyzer Standard download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15556
Note In addition for SBS2011 you'll also need to download Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16475
SBS2008 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130639
SBS2003 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
3. Make sure your posting Subject or "title" summarizes the specific problem you have --
A question with a title of "Urgent! Help needed!" is not as likely to get
answered as quickly a question with a title of "How to configure my firewall to open port 80".
A more specific, detailed title is far more likely to get a better response than a general one.
4. Post what version of SBS you have. and service Packs, This helps people know where you are at.
We can tell what version of Exchange you are using etc and sharepoint. (If different please tell.)
(Not all details are necessary, but try to include any relevant information.)
5. Avoid if possible "Me Too" Posts! I'm guilty of this also, but unless it's exactly the same thing and you have some "Added information" you distract from the original post. If you question if your issue is different Please make a new post.
6. Keep with the same thread. do not refer to a post you made last year, and above all, Please come back. There are hundreds and thousands of posts where I've seen people given great and wonderfully long answers yet no reply from the original poster.
7. If you do post a question, be courteous to reply even if it's to say. "I've given up" or thanks that worked.
(This helps the whole community when you do this, and makes the people who donate time, warm and fuzzies.)
8. Give details about your problem -- rather than " It won't work, please help!", provide some details like Error Codes, statements like, "Program starts, it gets to a part to install xxx and 2/3rds of the way and then does this.", Links to Screen Shots and images also help. Also search for any error
messages in logs etc. Other basic things like it was working before I did this, or it stopped working after I installed this. also helps.
9. Give Positive FeedBack: Once you've received a correct answer to your question, either from a Microsoft employee, an MVP, or the community in general, please reply that the issue or question has been answered. And if possible mark the solution as answered: This step is important, since it lets other people benefit from your posts.
In addition Please Vote as "helpful" replies that contribute to the answer or lead to resolution of the issue.
Reminder most answers are from volunteers. MVP's do not get paid by Microsoft.
Many of them have REAL jobs and answer questions for FREE!
Thank You and I hope you take the pay it forward philosophy that has made this forum a success.
Russ Grover SBSMVP July 2009 - July 2011
For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
Microsoft has developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality. You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
Microsoft NNTP Bridge
Another "Non Microsoft" supported NNTP Bridge can be found here
This SBS Forum is group: Technet.en-US.smallbusinessserver
Note: The drawback to using these NNTP Bridges are that you are not able to VOTE posts as Helpfull or mark your post as Answered.
(We still urge you to reply to if the solution worked for you however, this benefits everyone.)
In troubleshooting SBS issues, we will often ask whether you have run the SBS (2003/2008) Best Practices Analyzer (BPA).
BPA examines a server that is running Windows Small Business Server and then presents a list of information and errors, which are sorted by severity, that you should review. The list describes each issue, and it provides a recommendation about what you should do to resolve the issue. The recommendations are developed by the product support organization for Windows SBS.
Edit by Nick Whittome 04/09/2011
For SBS 2011, there is a requirement to install
Unanswered0VotesWhen I installed SBS 2011 a couple years ago I had put in two 128GB SSD's in RAID 1, but of course the setup won't allow for smaller drives than 200GB (which is ridiculous the way it splits 60GB for ...
Proposed0VotesThis looks like an internal DNS problem to me, but I have no idea how to fix it: At WS2: ipconfig IP ...
Unanswered0VotesI have read a lot of articles are about SBS 2011 restores and there seems to be a few that come to the point, but none that say whether or not they have been actually able to do ...
Answered0VotesFirst time setting up a warm (spare) server configuration using VM. Configuration is three hardware identical servers; one PDC running SBS 2011 w/ Exchange, one running Server 2008 R2 ...
Unanswered0VotesHi Folks, Been struggling to find any answer to this problem. Hoping someone here can give me some guidance. Have a Windows SBS 2011 Server which was ...
Answered0VotesSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: The TME thread failed (see the inner exception). ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: ...
Unanswered0VotesHI Team, I have started the migration of my SBS 2011 Server (Server OLD) to a new hardware (Server NEW) Now i have successfully migrated the data , ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, I have small domain where is used Windows SBS 2011. I have problem with Outlook clients which want to connect via Outlook anywhere. I think problem must be somewhere in DNS ...
Unanswered0VotesMy server nor any of my clients will download any windows updates. Each machine gets an Error 80072ee2. On the SBS console, updates say not available and the update tab says an error has ...
Unanswered0VotesThis is probably an easy setup, but I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly and not mess up the current Raid Array. This is on a Intel S5000VSA ...
Answered1VotesHello All, I have seen past questions on this but responses were from January so I am re-asking a question that has already been posed to this forum but, is there a clear cut way of ...
Unanswered0VotesAt Domain Logon: Several of our XP-Pro SP3 Clients take 20-40 minutes at "Applying Your Personal settings" before successfully completing the logon. Douglas ...
Answered0VotesI've spent all day reading through hundreds of messages with "VPN" in the topic, and find nothing so far,I've not already checked. If I can't get help here, Then I've nothing else to try but ...
Answered0VotesSBS 2008, Exchange 2007 SP3 We have some remote users who use OWA / RWW only (no domain joined computers). Previously, there was no password expiration policy in place. ...
Unanswered0VotesOne week ago I start to have DNS issue with my domain. Here is the setup: Local Server run SBS 2008 and Exchange for our email with “domain.com”. I also use pop3 ...
Unanswered0VotesI understand that Exchange 2003 is no longer supported and we intend to upgrade this year, but until we do, I need to get this working. The problem started recently when we started ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, We have been upgrading workstations on the domain and new systems using Outlook 2010 and 2013 are getting prompted for their credentials randomly. Usually Outlook starts fine ...
Unanswered0VotesHi, I have a SBS2008 SP2 network, with Windows 7 pro clients. The network has been functioning correct and fine for a few years now (3y). Since a ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 14746 Next ›