Small Business Server announcement
Here are a few suggestions that make it sure you get the best answer to your question as quickly as possible:
1. Search the Forum for your question -- Quite possibly someone may have already answered your question, and you won't have to spend time waiting for it to be answered again.
2. If Possible Run SBS Best Practices Analyzer. (It often can help you fix problems on your own.)
SBS2011 Best Practices Analyzer Standard download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15556
Note In addition for SBS2011 you'll also need to download Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16475
SBS2008 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130639
SBS2003 Best Practices Analyzer Download from Here Link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en
3. Make sure your posting Subject or "title" summarizes the specific problem you have --
A question with a title of "Urgent! Help needed!" is not as likely to get
answered as quickly a question with a title of "How to configure my firewall to open port 80".
A more specific, detailed title is far more likely to get a better response than a general one.
4. Post what version of SBS you have. and service Packs, This helps people know where you are at.
We can tell what version of Exchange you are using etc and sharepoint. (If different please tell.)
(Not all details are necessary, but try to include any relevant information.)
5. Avoid if possible "Me Too" Posts! I'm guilty of this also, but unless it's exactly the same thing and you have some "Added information" you distract from the original post. If you question if your issue is different Please make a new post.
6. Keep with the same thread. do not refer to a post you made last year, and above all, Please come back. There are hundreds and thousands of posts where I've seen people given great and wonderfully long answers yet no reply from the original poster.
7. If you do post a question, be courteous to reply even if it's to say. "I've given up" or thanks that worked.
(This helps the whole community when you do this, and makes the people who donate time, warm and fuzzies.)
8. Give details about your problem -- rather than " It won't work, please help!", provide some details like Error Codes, statements like, "Program starts, it gets to a part to install xxx and 2/3rds of the way and then does this.", Links to Screen Shots and images also help. Also search for any error
messages in logs etc. Other basic things like it was working before I did this, or it stopped working after I installed this. also helps.
9. Give Positive FeedBack: Once you've received a correct answer to your question, either from a Microsoft employee, an MVP, or the community in general, please reply that the issue or question has been answered. And if possible mark the solution as answered: This step is important, since it lets other people benefit from your posts.
In addition Please Vote as "helpful" replies that contribute to the answer or lead to resolution of the issue.
Reminder most answers are from volunteers. MVP's do not get paid by Microsoft.
Many of them have REAL jobs and answer questions for FREE!
Thank You and I hope you take the pay it forward philosophy that has made this forum a success.
Russ Grover SBSMVP July 2009 - July 2011
For any of you struggling with the Web interface, and
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
Microsoft has developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality. You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
Microsoft NNTP Bridge
Another "Non Microsoft" supported NNTP Bridge can be found here
This SBS Forum is group: Technet.en-US.smallbusinessserver
Note: The drawback to using these NNTP Bridges are that you are not able to VOTE posts as Helpfull or mark your post as Answered.
(We still urge you to reply to if the solution worked for you however, this benefits everyone.)
In troubleshooting SBS issues, we will often ask whether you have run the SBS (2003/2008) Best Practices Analyzer (BPA).
BPA examines a server that is running Windows Small Business Server and then presents a list of information and errors, which are sorted by severity, that you should review. The list describes each issue, and it provides a recommendation about what you should do to resolve the issue. The recommendations are developed by the product support organization for Windows SBS.
Edit by Nick Whittome 04/09/2011
For SBS 2011, there is a requirement to install
Unanswered0VotesHi All, I have just picked up a new customer with SBS2003. (I can not tell if it is R1 or R2.) He is using it primarily as an Exchange Server and to share ...
Unanswered0VotesI am trying to get my windows updates to start to work again for my company. I have a server running sbs 2011. I reinstalled WSUS 3.0sp2 however, I cannot get it to connect to a ...
Unanswered0VotesBit of a dispute going on in our company. We are trying to work out if an email was sent from one of our staff on a particular date. The other company has sent us a hard copy of the mail but there is ...0 Replies | 27 Views | Created by JonathanAnon - 1 hour 32 minutes ago
Answered0VotesHi, I have a SBS2008 SP2 network, with Windows 7 pro clients. The network has been functioning correct and fine for a few years now (3y). Since a ...
Unanswered0VotesBoot error stipulating a registry error -> Repair Environement's StartRep.exe solved the registry problem but just to bring us to this point : - The server ...
Unanswered0VotesNeed to modify 1 disk no-raid to 4 disk raid 5 without backup and restore. What process and procedure would you use? Background, I volunteered to help an organization reconfigure ...
Answered0VotesI'm trying to add a new 2008r2 server to an existing domain running 2008 SBS. When I run DCPromo it tells me I need to run the adprep /forestprep command. When I ...
Unanswered0VotesHi We have a 2008 foundation edition server and have purchased a new server which will have SBS 2011 installed on it. The 2008FE is a DC with 15 users. What's the best way to migrate ...
Answered0VotesI am doing some volunteer work for a friend. They are a small organization 10 people running SBS 2008 with no tech support. The server is set up with mirrored 250GB drives which only have ...
Discussion0VotesWe have a Small Business Server 2008 that has stopped backing up, with the following error; Backup started at '10/03/2014 10:30:07 AM' failed with following ...
Proposed0VotesHi Guys, I am currently trying to set up ADFS on my windows small business server 2008 standard edition. I have installed ADFS 2.0 using the wizard provided and ...
Proposed0VotesHello!!! I have a customer that has SBS 2000 (yes... believe it or not) and finally they want to move to something new. We need to move Windows 2000 DC, Exchange ...
Unanswered0VotesWe have SBS2011 on our lan and would like to create an internal website that can be accessed without logging in to the server. Right now, the server keeps asking for login information when we go to ...
Uninstalled Exchange 2010; The Module DLL D:\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\kerbauth.dll failed to load. The data is the error.So we transitioned over to Office 365 and I uninstalled Exchange 2010 from our 2011 SBS. Local Exchange was never used as we have been using a 3rd party hosted exhange for a few years. Now ...
Answered0VotesI've seen a few posts on this but nothing helped so I'd thought I'd raise my issue and see if anyone had ever solved this. We have an old production test system that uses Win98 and ...
Unanswered0VotesI have a client that is having some very odd issues with indexing on SBS 2008. The primary concern is when they perform a search from a Windows 7 machine, all data being searched is ...
Unanswered0VotesHI Team, I have started the migration of my SBS 2011 Server (Server OLD) to a new hardware (Server NEW) Now i have successfully migrated the data , ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 14766 Next ›