none
Internal Web Site access through Remote Web Workplaces (RWW)

Pregunta

• Hello,

When logging into our remote web workplace, I am able to access my email and connect to an internal computer without any issues. However, when I click on the Internal Website button, I receive the following error, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I click on the Diagnose Connection Problems link to get additional information and this is what I find:

Windows Network Diagnostics

Issues found The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Contact your network administrator

Issues found

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection The device or resource (remote.domainname.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "987".

Contact your network administrator The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn't support what you're trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue? Thanks in advance for you thoughts and ideas.

Tom

miércoles, 26 de enero de 2011 22:07

Respuestas

• Hi Tom:

The error implies that the edge device that you connect through from outside is not set to "forward" port 987 to the IP address of the SBS.  Can you confirm that it is?

You might also try the connections from inside the network and test the result.

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marcado como respuesta TeflonTom martes, 15 de marzo de 2011 21:48
    miércoles, 26 de enero de 2011 22:58
    Moderador
  • Larry,

You were correct, it was a relatively simple solution. I logged into the router, went to port forwarding, added a TCP forwarder for Port 987 called HTTPS for RWW and redirected it to the IP address of the server.

After that, everythign was working perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Tom

• Marcado como respuesta TeflonTom viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 17:57
    viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 17:57

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Tom:

The error implies that the edge device that you connect through from outside is not set to "forward" port 987 to the IP address of the SBS.  Can you confirm that it is?

You might also try the connections from inside the network and test the result.

Larry Struckmeyer

Please post the resolution to your issue so that everyone can benefit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marcado como respuesta TeflonTom martes, 15 de marzo de 2011 21:48
    miércoles, 26 de enero de 2011 22:58
    Moderador
  • Larry,

You were correct, it was a relatively simple solution. I logged into the router, went to port forwarding, added a TCP forwarder for Port 987 called HTTPS for RWW and redirected it to the IP address of the server.

After that, everythign was working perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Tom

• Marcado como respuesta TeflonTom viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 17:57
    viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 17:57
  • Hy, I have the same issue, but in the rules of my router, I have this configuration and I think maybe its something else, can you help me??

viernes, 15 de junio de 2012 15:52
  • not sure what router that is but TCP only on port 987 _should_ be all you need.

I would expect that 'External range' to be 'all IPs'(0.0.0.0, or blank). The 'mapped IP/Range' being SBS internal IP.

Does https://127.0.0.1:987 work from the server? Does https://servername:987 work from LAN?

domingo, 17 de junio de 2012 1:33