none
Issues with Office 2010

Pregunta

• I have had Office 2010 32bit installed on my 64 bit W7 Pro for well over a year and all that time I have had various problems:

1  Excel frequently has a problem with opening a file (stating it is corrupted) when it has 1 or more files, small, already open - the solution to close Excel and retry always works. 

2  Outlook - when dragging an email from my Inbox to another folder it often ends up in the wrong folder and instead that folder gets dragged to where I wanted the email to go.  I am not letting up on the mouse button.

3  General - I often have typing lag.   I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse and problem may be there but...

Keep hoping that MS patches will fix these issues but not so far.

lunes, 07 de mayo de 2012 22:33

Respuestas

• Hi,

The problem 2 and 3 seems to be caused by the hardware of your wireless mouse. You can search and install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s support website. Please note for the 64-bit system, we recommend you use the 64-bit driver which could be the better compatibility.

The problem 1 seems to be a startup issue of Excel. You can follow the steps in the article blew to troubleshoot it firstly:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2012 1:29
    Moderador
  • Hi,

Can you test if the issue can be reproduced when you use other mouse? Or try this wireless mouse on other computer?

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

martes, 15 de mayo de 2012 0:46
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

The problem 2 and 3 seems to be caused by the hardware of your wireless mouse. You can search and install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s support website. Please note for the 64-bit system, we recommend you use the 64-bit driver which could be the better compatibility.

The problem 1 seems to be a startup issue of Excel. You can follow the steps in the article blew to troubleshoot it firstly:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2012 1:29
    Moderador
  • Already have the latest 64bit driver from Logitech.   And is same problem whether I use the basic driver and/or the Logitech mouse driver/control panel.

No other driver update is available from Device Manager or Logitech website.

Thanks for Excel comment.   Seems to be OK after running Office repair.

lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012 20:33
  • Hi,

Can you test if the issue can be reproduced when you use other mouse? Or try this wireless mouse on other computer?

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

martes, 15 de mayo de 2012 0:46
    Moderador