none
Windows 8 Question

Pregunta

• Hello,

I finally got the December upgrade and installed the client software Windows 8 Pro. I can see the PC in the device list but it only has the PC name and no hardware information (hard drive space, cpu, OS, etc) How long does this take to populate? Also the Intune client on the PC says "Remote assistance is not supported on this version of Windows". Is there  a problem with the installation?

miércoles, 06 de marzo de 2013 18:31

Respuestas

• Hi Smitty,

Inventory usually happens fairly soon after install.  It shouldn't take more than 30-60 minutes.  If you aren't seeing that data after 24 hours please contact support.

Windows 8 isn't supported on our Remote Assistance solution in Windows Intune, either to request or accept requests.  You'll need a Windows 7 or lower OS to perform remote assistance with Windows Intune.

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

• Marcado como respuesta Smitty07 sábado, 09 de marzo de 2013 1:00
    jueves, 07 de marzo de 2013 7:50
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Smitty,

Inventory usually happens fairly soon after install.  It shouldn't take more than 30-60 minutes.  If you aren't seeing that data after 24 hours please contact support.

Windows 8 isn't supported on our Remote Assistance solution in Windows Intune, either to request or accept requests.  You'll need a Windows 7 or lower OS to perform remote assistance with Windows Intune.

Thanks,

Jon L. - MSFT

• Marcado como respuesta Smitty07 sábado, 09 de marzo de 2013 1:00
    jueves, 07 de marzo de 2013 7:50
    Moderador
  • Thanks for your answer Jon. It took about an hour.

This was just a trial anyway for a small dental office. 

With all due respect, I dont' see where the value is with Intune for a small office. We have 7 brand new Windows 8 computers and two of them are Surface Pros. We can't install Windows 7 on them and seems funny that you would recommend we use Windows 7 rather than the latest OS. We also have a new Windows Server 2012 Essentials server that is not supported in Windows Intune. So for $6/mo per user I think the only thing we would be getting is the ability to push out Windows Updates and Endpoint protection which I think is the same thing as Security Essentials. So Windows Updates and some hardware reports.

Thanks for your response though. 

viernes, 08 de marzo de 2013 2:35