none
Unexpected System.InvalidOperationException: The Visible property cannot be set on Web Part

Pregunta

• I am trying to find the cause of the problem described in question I posted on Stackoverflow where controls on UpdatePanels are not functioning properly. (e.g. Buttons are not firing an action) Strangely, this is only happening on intranet clients outside of the main location.

I installed FireBug on a client in the US and clicked on a control. Normally, I would expect a partial update but the response is an error page.

Error 
        An unexpected error has occurred.
        Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator. 
        Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. 
        Correlation ID: f73a5a93-46c8-40c9-848e-d00395d927ce 
        Date and Time: 27/02/2012 15:43:22 

Looking in the logs for the CorrelationID, I found

Unexpected System.InvalidOperationException: The Visible property cannot be set on Web Part 'g_da16f6e5_a10a_412c_b051_98e67718af81'.  
        It can only be set on a standalone Web Part.
            at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
             at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
             at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) f73a5a93-46c8-40c9-848e-d00395d927ce

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? What does it mean? Why does it only affect remote users?

What could be causing this (bearing in mind that, in-house, this kind of partial update works fine) ?

jueves, 08 de marzo de 2012 9:14

Todas las respuestas