none
How to change SharePoint 2010 Web Server Extensions Folder to Non-System Drive

Pregunta

• I installed SharePoint 2010 Server by pointing the File Location to D: drive other than C: drive.  SharePoint creates D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers folders on the D: drive.  Howver, I noticed SharePoint 2010 is still using C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14 folders to store important information including Logs.  By default, Windows 2008 R2 IIS 7 resides on C: drive only.  SharePoint 2010 also depending on IIS to store information and it ends up using C: storage as well.  I have 146GB C: drive and it used up more than half before I deploy any SharePoint applications on it.  I understand we can manually change IIS location to point to D: drive but any MS update might put things back into C:\Inetpub folder.  In addition, SharePoint 2010 is still writing information on the "14" folders.

How can we prevent SharePoint 2010 using C: drive resources and keep writing information on "14" folders?  We can replace C: drive with a larger disk but that would not be an easy solution.  We will need to reinstall OS from scratch.

Could you point me to the right direction to prevent SharePoint using C: drive storage?  Is it possible to relocate "14" folders to D: drive?

I appreciate if anyone share your thought.

Thanks,

Brian.

• Cambiado Mike Walsh FIN jueves, 14 de julio de 2011 6:15 SP 2010 questions go ONLY to SP 2010 forums and should not be replied to (except to point out they are off-topic) in the pre-SP 2010 forums (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    jueves, 14 de julio de 2011 5:48

Respuestas

• I don't think you can relocate the 14 hive without re-installing SharePoint. I would be cautious about doing that anyway, for the reasons you mentioned. SharePoint is complex, with several product groups contributing to updates that may be a part of SharePoint. In my experience, leaving it on the OS drive is best.

If you have a multi server farm, you could uninstall, reinstall to D: and then re-join that server to the Farm.

Wahid Saleemi Sr. Consultant, Avanade http://www.wahidsaleemi.com
    • Marcado como respuesta Seven M viernes, 22 de julio de 2011 6:08
    sábado, 16 de julio de 2011 1:33