none
SBS 2011 Standard and Reinstallation of SQL Express 2005/2008

Todas las respuestas

• rather than questioning about re-installation procedure, how about telling us what the problem is that makes you think you need to reinstall?
    domingo, 17 de junio de 2012 0:29
  • I'm unable to add new instances, all DB's are not working and the Management Studio won't open.
    lunes, 18 de junio de 2012 19:59
  • any idea of what lead to this situation and are you attempting to open the databases correctly?

The key being 'run as admin', http://www.thirdtier.net/2009/08/setting-the-maximum-memory-usage-on-sbsmonitoring/

or the 'connection string' http://blog.mpecsinc.ca/2011/07/sbs-2011-wsus-sql-memory-usage-is-very.html

lunes, 18 de junio de 2012 22:08
  • It may have been in part to work done by a MS support person, but when I tried to reach out to have them fix it, they said no and I'd have to open a new case.  For this reason, I'm looking to just rebuild this part of the server, if possible.  I have been working with SQL long enough to know how to open the programs and databases.  Thanks for the links.
    martes, 26 de junio de 2012 14:37
  • 1st: Someone unmark my 'things to check' as being the answer. It should never have been marked as answer.

I'm not sure but if you post the case number MS forum staff may be able to look at it. What was the nature of the case?

Re-install of SQL may be possible but I don't remember seeing specific instructions, the various items that rely on SQL may have it as part of theirs but you may need to rip the guts out of SBS, stop halfway through one procedure to do half another to get there.

martes, 26 de junio de 2012 19:49
  • The case was REG:112042654901618 and was concerning the fact that updates were not completing correctly. In this case, it was the Sharepoint update that told users to run PSConfig.  Unfortuately, running the command line necessary didn't work and this ticket was opened to make sure updates would work correctly.  The MS engineer made many registry edits to get Sharepoint running, but the issue was to get updates to work.  Whether or not his registry edits caused this issue or something entirely different is not something that is conclusive.  However, he was the only one making registry changes.  At this time, SQL is not properly working and the engineer's manager feels that since my argument is not conclusive showing that his person caused the problem, he told me to open another case with MS.  I know SQL and SBS go hand-in-hand and the SBS server itself requires these functions.  However, the rest of the server is in working order and I'd hate to try to come up with another machine to rebuild this server from the bottom up as it's really not practical or possible for me. If there's a way to resolve this issue and keep the server intact, that would be the preferred solution.
    martes, 26 de junio de 2012 22:26