none
Microsoft Office <2007 Application> has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application.

Pregunta

• Office 2007 Ultimate applications will no longer run on my Vista machine.  When attempting to launch any of the applications--e.g. Outlook, Word, or Excel--the error message in the subject is displayed.  I am running as administrator, so it is not a permissions issue.  I created a new administrator account to make sure my other account was not corrupted.  I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Office without success.

This is a newer 64-bit moderately high-end laptop that has Office has been running fine on for about two months.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Lance

Lance
    viernes, 13 de marzo de 2009 4:10

Respuestas

• Hello I have the same problem on win 7 .... office 2007 ultimate with sp1, that was the base, and it worked just perfect, when came the updates notifications about that there is SP2 for office... so hoho, let's go install it, after installed update. Error > Microsoft Office <2007 Application> has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application! So I don't know whats the problem origin, but it's catastrofic! I don't know, but it should repair this issue microsoft.

Then i uninstalled the whole office, also the updates were disapeard after uninstall. Then installed again office 2007 ultimate, but updates with SP2 not. So this way it's workin just super. I'm waiting for any idea for solution about this!!! To we can use SP2 update...

Found the fix, after a week of uninstalling and installing MS fix it tool solved the issue in 10 seconds. Restore the security settings to the default settings in Windows XP and in Windows Vista.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Uese the Fix it tab and "Run"
    • Marcado como respuesta David Wolters viernes, 30 de julio de 2010 17:13
    miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2009 19:04

Todas las respuestas

• Did you ever get your question answered.... I am having the same problem.
    martes, 02 de junio de 2009 23:59
  • I have a similar issue.
    Office 2007 works without problems when UAC is turned off.
    However, turning UAC on causes Office 2007 to start an install process and when completed comes up with the following message:
    "Microsoft xxxx (any of Office 2007 applications) has not been installed for current user. Please run setup to install the application".
    Clicking OK exits any of the Office 2007 applications. 
    Turning UAC off again and restarting Vista allows access to all Office 2007 applications. 

I have not seen any reference to this issue other than confusing notes regarding network applications, where it appears this is also an issue. 

If anyone has (or had) a similar problem I would like to hear from you.

Cheers,
    Michael
    sábado, 20 de junio de 2009 22:04
  • ping

Did somebody has a solution for this problem?

I've tried all workarounds I've found on the net, none worked for me...

I bet it is integrity level problem with one or several keys of MS Office, but I can't find which ones...

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. Michelangelo
    domingo, 12 de julio de 2009 15:59
  • I have the exact same issue, I have not disabled UAC to see if that works but I shouldn't have to. All workarounds I have found do not work either.
    jueves, 16 de julio de 2009 20:36
  • I have the same issue, do anyone have the solution for it... i have been using ms office for couple of months... that was working fine... but now it is generating an error whenever i initiate any application of ms office 2007.
    lunes, 20 de julio de 2009 18:56
  • I have the same problem.   I have tried disabling UAC, changing permissions in registry, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting MSO.dll and repairing MS Office.  Nothing works.  I have no idea what the problem is.  This started when I used Windows update or when I changed permissions on some files for greater access.  I hope someone finds the answer.
    jueves, 30 de julio de 2009 17:12
  • I'm having this same issue with MS office 2007. There appears to be no response from MS on this since March 13th. Can this be???

domingo, 02 de agosto de 2009 18:38
  • I have got the same issue, Offfice 2007 $ 354 No support ! $ 255 for e-mail support, what a deal.

Running Vista 64, purchased office suite 2007, installted under ADM and its telling me "has not been installted for current User"

KB has nothing and only references 2003 products.

Does anybody have a solution ?

thanks
    miércoles, 05 de agosto de 2009 23:35
  • I have the same problem. The only way I cna run office 2007 ultimate on my Vista 64bit laptop is to disable UAC. I don't like to do this but I cannot come up with a solution and my college student needs office more than he needs UAC. When is Microsoft going to fix this or announce that they recognize the problem and they are working on it?
    jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 21:29
  • Hello I have the same problem on win 7 .... office 2007 ultimate with sp1, that was the base, and it worked just perfect, when came the updates notifications about that there is SP2 for office... so hoho, let's go install it, after installed update. Error > Microsoft Office <2007 Application> has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application! So I don't know whats the problem origin, but it's catastrofic! I don't know, but it should repair this issue microsoft.

Then i uninstalled the whole office, also the updates were disapeard after uninstall. Then installed again office 2007 ultimate, but updates with SP2 not. So this way it's workin just super. I'm waiting for any idea for solution about this!!! To we can use SP2 update...
    • Propuesto como respuesta Ozzie99 miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2009 18:59
    lunes, 17 de agosto de 2009 10:07

Found the fix, after a week of uninstalling and installing MS fix it tool solved the issue in 10 seconds. Restore the security settings to the default settings in Windows XP and in Windows Vista.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Uese the Fix it tab and "Run"
    • Marcado como respuesta David Wolters viernes, 30 de julio de 2010 17:13
    miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2009 19:04
  • I'm getting the same error message with the following setup: Windows 7, Office 2007, all the latest Windows & Office updates.

It was working fine until mid day yesterday.  Disabling UAC works, but is not acceptable.

I did install iTunes 9 yesterday (and had issues with that install).  Not sure if the issues are related, but I thought I'd throw it out there just incase.

Also, FYI: The link by Ozzie99 does not work for Windows 7.

viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2009 18:15
  • I also got the same today in the evening. But I used this method and proved useful in solving this problem.

Steps I took:

1)Go to the directory: %PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\Office\Data
    2)Delete all files in the directory.
    3)Run any office application.
    This only works on Vista and 7

For XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA
    Delete all files in the directory.
    Run any office application.

Note: You may need to validate office again.
    Note: For Office 2000/2003, the files are named with OPA11, meaning Office Version 11.
    Note: For Office 2007, the files are named with OPA12, meaning Office Version 12
    • Editado brandongwh viernes, 15 de enero de 2010 9:47
    • Propuesto como respuesta tecnicocps domingo, 07 de abril de 2013 22:57
    jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2009 10:53
  • I tried to delete the files, but the "Data" folder does not exist.  Is this part of the problem?
    • Propuesto como respuesta sahidir viernes, 01 de enero de 2010 15:59
    viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2009 17:44
  •  I think my OEM is a PIRATE! I sent a report to MS.

• Editado jenniferatemple martes, 20 de octubre de 2009 16:34 Better actions for the problem
    domingo, 18 de octubre de 2009 21:55
  • REPORTED AS A PIRATE AT MICROSOFTS REPORTING PAGE!

• Editado jenniferatemple martes, 20 de octubre de 2009 16:36 More Valid response
    lunes, 19 de octubre de 2009 3:33
  • viernes, 01 de enero de 2010 16:03
  • after trying all the other suggestions Ozzie99's link to the MS fix It worked for me.  Running windows Vista Ultimate SP2 with OEM MSOffice 2007 Professional.
    jueves, 22 de abril de 2010 16:56

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222 Uese the Fix it tab and "Run"

Thank you so much!!  This worked perfectly for me :)

sábado, 01 de mayo de 2010 1:55
  • been working on this all day, dont know about 64-bit, but this worked for my 32bit Win 7 (same error message):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687

ran the fix it just past half way down the page, the article is also useful

viernes, 01 de abril de 2011 23:42
  • i HI ..thank you for this..it helped me....works fine...:)
    lunes, 04 de abril de 2011 18:55
  • Solution: Got to internet. And find a file mso.dll to replace your old one. If you using office 2007 look for office12/mso.dll file if ather version chen in you computer, when you downloaded a new one replace it in programfiles/commonfiles/microsoftshared/office12
    lunes, 18 de abril de 2011 6:26
  • Did you ever solve this - i am having the same problem with windows 7
    martes, 02 de agosto de 2011 11:59
  • After all of the above failed for me.  I tried to uninstall Office 2007 from my Win7 64 bit machine.  It through an error message stating that it didn't have access to 'UNKNOWN\Components\[Long ID]\[RandomID]. I opened Regedit as an administrator, tracked down the actual location which was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\[Long ID]. When I expanded the subkeys and tried to fix the permissions, I got another error message that there was an error and it didn't want me to do that.

Symptoms

1. All Office 2007 applications would open, even begin to operate, but then throw "Application has not been installed for the current user"
    2. This occurred for all users on the machine.
    3. Choosing to run the office applications as an administrator provided a workaround.
    4. Repair and Uninstall failed to complete and threw errors.
    5. Individual component uninstall was successful, but reinstall of component didn't help.
    6. On investigating the error message thrown from Office 2007 uninstall, discovered group of subkeys that were corrupted.

Fix: I went up to Components and claimed ownership of all the subkeys.

1. Right Click on Components, select permissions
    2. Click Advanced Permissions
    3. Select the Owners Tab at the top.
    4. Select your user name as owner
    5. Select the check box Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
    6. Click Okay, give it a minute, it has a lot of work to do.
    7. It may throw another error saying that it can't do that with everything.  Ignore it.
    8. Go back to advanced permissions, grant the administrators group full control, and choose "Replace all child object permissions", click okay.
    9. You SHOULD be in business now.  You can verify this by going back to the group of registry keys that previously told you to go jump in a lake.  You should now be able to select the individual keys and examine permissions.
    10. Check of Fix, go back to Office Applications and uncheck 'Run as Administrator'.
    11. Open Application.  Should run fine now.

JB
    viernes, 25 de noviembre de 2011 14:43
  • We had success with brandongwh's suggestion to delete the files in DATA.  In our situation, we had recently rebuilt our clients from captured images, but the same images worked fine if not put on the domain.  We think these files were cache'd somehow (maybe something from the DC or roaming profiles?).  Blowing them away (had to use a local admin login) allowed the app to launch under regular user.  It did the office configuration on the 1st run and every APP was good after that.

• Propuesto como respuesta bmarusic martes, 03 de abril de 2012 2:06
    • Votado como útil bmarusic martes, 03 de abril de 2012 2:06
    jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 16:54
  • Here is a simple step-by-step solution if you are getting the following message:

"Microsoft Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application"

So, the solution is quite simple. There is no need for re-installation.

1.Make sure you have service pack 2 installed. Find the “my computer” icon and right click on it, then click properties. In the top few lines you will see if you have service pack 2 installed. If not, go to your start menu and click “windows update”.

2.Next we need to replace mso.dll, firstly, you can download the file from this site http://www.mediafire.com/?njgzby01vzv. Once it is downloaded you need to un-zip it. Hopefully you should have some kind of program for this. If not, Google search jzip and install the jzip programe.

3.When you unzip (or extract) mso.dll, be sure to put it somewhere you will remember. Personally I just extracted it to the desktop. If you have done it correctly the file “mso.dll” will be on your desktop.

4.So we’re nearly there! We need to find out what bit operation system you are running. This can be done by again right clicking on the “my computer” icon, click properties. Halfway down the page it will say either “32 bit operating system” or “64 bit system”. If you are running a 32 bit operating system go to step 5. If you are running a 64 bit operating system go to step 6.

5.If you’re reading this you have 32 bit operating system. If you’re still confused on how to find this information you can also find it under control panel. Click start- settings- control panel- system and maintenance – system.

Open this folder: c:\programfiles\commonfiles\microsoftshared\office12. Now click and drag the mso.dll file in which you just downloaded to this folder. (Make sure it is the file which you extracted/unzipped) A message will appear asking “do you want to replace this file”. Click yes and enjoy your working word, excel, power point etc.

6. If you’re reading this you have 64 bit operating system. If you’re still confused on how to find this information you can also find it under control panel. Click start- settings- control panel- system and maintenance – system.

Open this folder: c:\programfiles(x86)\commonfiles\microsoftshared\office12

Now click and drag the mso.dll file in which you just downloaded to this folder. (Make sure it is the file which you extracted/unzipped) A message will appear asking “do you want to replace this file”. Click yes and enjoy your working word, excel, power point etc.

• Editado bmarusic martes, 03 de abril de 2012 2:51
    • Propuesto como respuesta alco87 lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012 0:59
    martes, 03 de abril de 2012 2:49
  • hi i have faced this issue many time you can follow this options

1 restore your pc when office was working ok and install malware bite antimalware and scan full pc

i hope it will work.

2 creat new user account and install Malware byte antimalware use this account it will work ok.

jueves, 05 de abril de 2012 12:16
  • It worked so well! Thanks a bunch.
    sábado, 12 de mayo de 2012 11:34
  • thank you bmarusic.

Now I'm done with this issue.

• Propuesto como respuesta kolawale2003 lunes, 14 de enero de 2013 21:11
    • Votado como útil kolawale2003 lunes, 14 de enero de 2013 21:12
    lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012 1:01
  • Here's another way that works.

Some of the Microsoft files get corrupt permissions during GP security template application during installs and here is the solution to fix it.

Please follow the directions below and it will all be good again in no time.

1. Logon to system as local administrator
    2. Open My computer and change the view (under tools > Folder Options > View ) to show hidden files and folders.
    3. Now change directory to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data
    4. Delete the files OPA12.dat & OPA12.bak  (in some computers you may see OPA11 instead of OPA12. That is okay delete whatever 11 or 12 that you see there)
    5. Restart the Word Program.
    6. It will install and recreate those files (which got corrupted) again.
    7. At the end please don’t forget to change the View of the files to HIDE the hidden files and folder on step 2.

lunes, 14 de enero de 2013 21:13
  • Yes I found a great solution after trying about every proposed solution on several forums and Microsoft's support page. Download the free app Open Office. It is FREE, works great and none of this nonsense!
    • Editado johnwboyd jueves, 07 de marzo de 2013 13:28
    jueves, 07 de marzo de 2013 13:28
  • Thank You for the help, it is working after following seps mentioned above.......

domingo, 02 de febrero de 2014 8:46
  • Thank you for taking the time to post your results and method. It worked perfectly for me, re-activated and runs perfectly again.
    sábado, 19 de abril de 2014 4:12