martes, 07 de febrero de 2012 17:13
I have successfully used LocalGPO.wsf on Windows 7 and Windows XP.
For some reason, it's not working correctly on Windows XP x64 SP2. Administrative Templates are not being applied.
Why? Windows XP x64 is, of course Windows Server 2003 "under the covers". Could that be a source of the problem?
- Editado aero.space martes, 07 de febrero de 2012 17:26
Todas las respuestas
miércoles, 08 de febrero de 2012 20:00Propietario
I'm not sure what would cause that. I know there are issues with the current version of LocalGPO on 32-bit XP when building GPOPacks (see FAQ: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1836.aspx#Q_Why_doesn_t_LocalGPO_work_on_32-bit_Windows_XP) but I wasn't aware of issues with the 64-bit edition. I've asked some of my colleagues to take a look.
Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
miércoles, 08 de febrero de 2012 20:22
LocalGPO works with WS03, so that shouldn't be the problem...
The LocalGPO tool includes LocalPol.exe which is called when POL\AdminTemplate settings are applied... LocalPol.exe runs with several different command-line options. On some 64-bit operating systems, the order in which the command-line options are specified in the current version of LocalGPO seems to cause problems.
If you are comfortable modifying scripts, you can try the following:
1. Open LocalGPO.wsf in your favorite text editor
2. Search for LocalPol.exe... you should find 2 lines that look like the following:
call objShell.run("LocalPol.exe -f " & chr(34) & _
strMachinePolPath & chr(34) & " -m", 0, True)
3. You need to modify that line so that the "-m" option is included at the beginning of the command:
call objShell.run("LocalPol.exe -m -f " & chr(34) & _
strMachinePolPath & chr(34),0,True)
4. Make the same modification to the second line... the command-line option in this case is "-u"
The upcoming release of SCM 2.5 includes an updated version of LocalGPO that contains these modifications.
Hope this helps!
- Marcado como respuesta aero.space jueves, 09 de febrero de 2012 23:47
jueves, 09 de febrero de 2012 23:49
That fixed the problem.