none
How to cancel approval workflow when document inside document set is modified

Pregunta

• I have customized the OOTB Approval Workflow to work on a document set (it uses the Start Appoval on item process, and not the Start document set approval process).

With the "cancel when document si modified" option, when a document inside a document set is modified, the workflow is not canceled.

Is there a way of achieving this OOTB ?

Is it possible to achieve this with a workflow using the Start document set approval process ?

I have tried to build a new workflow with the Start document set approval process, but it gives an error. I posted a question on this error but did not get answered yet.

domingo, 19 de febrero de 2012 14:29

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

martes, 21 de febrero de 2012 9:15
  • Thanks, I am looking forward for your response.

martes, 21 de febrero de 2012 13:52
  • Greetings! Thanks for your post. We have confirmed that the behavior you have reported regarding "Start document set approval" is reproducible at our end and requires in depth troubleshooting. This has been reported to the Product Group however, If you wish to pursue this, please open up a Premier Support Incident with Microsoft for continued troubleshooting on this issue. Alternatively, you could visit the below link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone; if you are a MSDN / TechNet subscriber, you can also contact our support by using your free support incidents.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012 12:37
  • Hi,

we have the same problem. We started using document sets and not folders because it says that with document sets and with document set approval process it is possible to start the approval process and approve all the documents within document set. The theory sounds great, practise not so much. The workflow throws an error and in the logs there is:

System.InvalidOperationException: CompositeActivity cannot transition to 'Closed' status when there are active child context still exist for child activity.

Created new library in a different site collection. Result is the same.

Regards,

Sandra

Sandra Ratis

miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2012 13:04
  • Hello Sandra,

Yes, As I mentioned this behavior is reproducible at our end and has been reported to SharePoint Product Group. I will post here once I have some updates (if a Premier support incident is opened, it may help expedite the process).

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012 7:30
  • Has there been any progress on this issue? 

NLewis

martes, 29 de mayo de 2012 22:34
  • So. Anyone knows, how to fix it? 
    sábado, 16 de junio de 2012 7:32
  • The February 2012 CU is supposed to fix this.  I haven't had a chance to test this, but will post back after I update my farm and do some testing.

NLewis

lunes, 18 de junio de 2012 16:07