none
ediInt_PartnerCommonSave has too many arguments specified

Pregunta

• Hello,

I have installed BizTalk Server 2006 R2 and  BizTalk Server 2006 R2 SP1 and configured the server.

I have an EDI /AS2 application created and Party setup. When I attempt to select a Signing Certificate for the party, I recceive the following error:

"Procedure or function ediInt_PartnerCommonSave has too many arguments specified"

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010 17:32

Respuestas

• Yes i confirmed it, I can repro the problem as well. Please file an RFH for this issue. Installing the Multiple Certificate RFC separately didn't solve the problem as well. I will update the thread if i find a work around.

Repro Steps,

1. Install R2 without configuring and install R2 Sp1 then configure.

2. Assign a Certificate the Override signing Certificate property in the Party.

Contact your support engineer for procedures to open a RFH with Microsoft Biztalk service group and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chibi

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 10:06

Todas las respuestas

• One for MSFT I think....

Nick Heppleston - Independent UK BizTalk Consultant (http://www.modhul.com)

Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Looking for a fast and efficient way to archive messages in BizTalk? Try Atomic-Scope's new BizTalk Message Archiving Pipeline Component. Download a free 14-day trial!

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 7:48
  • I will Look in to this issue and get back to you soon.

Chibi - MSFT

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 8:24
  • Some Queries,

1. Did you configure after installing BizTalk Server 2006 R2 and then installed BizTalk Server 2006 R2 SP1 ?

2. Are you talking about the Signing Certificate in the Party "Override Signing Certificate" or the signing Certificate in the Biztalk Group ?

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 9:17
  • Yes i confirmed it, I can repro the problem as well. Please file an RFH for this issue. Installing the Multiple Certificate RFC separately didn't solve the problem as well. I will update the thread if i find a work around.

Repro Steps,

1. Install R2 without configuring and install R2 Sp1 then configure.

2. Assign a Certificate the Override signing Certificate property in the Party.

Contact your support engineer for procedures to open a RFH with Microsoft Biztalk service group and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chibi

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 10:06
  • Thank you Chibionos. I did the exact same steps as above to get this error. I will submit the RFH

Regards,

Mike

martes, 11 de mayo de 2010 13:07
  • I also got this error ...

TITLE: BizTalk Server 2006 Administration Console
    Procedure or function ediInt_PartnerCommonSave has too many arguments specified. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Procedure or function ediInt_PartnerCommonSave has too many arguments specified. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 8144) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.4035&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=8144&LinkId=20476

... when trying to update the AS2 properties of the "Reciever" party  in this demo ...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/biztalk-server-edi-scenario-send-an-x12-message-over-as2-and-receive-an-asynchronous-mdn.aspx

1. Set the AS2 properties on the party.
    2. Right-click the party in the Parties pane of the BizTalk Server Administration Console, and then select AS2 Properties.
    3. In the General page, select Activate AS2 reporting to enable AS2 status reporting.

4. In the Party as AS2 Message Sender page, enter some text in the MDN Text box. For example, you can enter "This is the MDN from Contoso to Fabrikam". Enter a text here is not mandatory. In this step, you enter a text more for an understanding and testing purpose. The text you enter here will be present in the MDN that you finally receive back at the Fabrikam side.

Tip: Even though we have not set the property here, a very important property available on this page is Override inbound message properties. If you select this property, BizTalk Server would use the settings on this page instead of the property values from the incoming message. For example, if the "Override inbound ..." property is selected, the receiver party can opt to generate an MDN even if the header of the incoming AS2 message does not call for one. Additionally, the receiver party can opt to send MDN asynchronously to a different address even if the AS2 header specifies a synchronous MDN.
    5. In the Party as AS2 Message Receiver page, do the following:
      1. Set AS2-From to Receiver. AS2-To should already be set to the name of the sender party, which in this scenario is Sender. These values are used to set the AS2-From and AS2-To headers on the AS2 message that is sent to Fabrikam.

2. Click OK.

Sten W
    viernes, 08 de abril de 2011 16:46
  • Hi,

has there been any update on this one?

I had to create a biztalk group after installing R2 SP1 and get this error :-(

Are there any hotfixes?

thank  mark 

mark

martes, 20 de marzo de 2012 12:16
  • ok, answered my own question.

It appears that, on an R2 SP1 system the code has been upgraded to use the new funtion or procedure (ediInt_PartnerCommonSave ). However the BizTalk Configuration Tool creates a new database that is pre-sp1 format.

So the workaround is simple; just re-apply SP1 to R2 and everything works again.

m

mark

• Propuesto como respuesta TAMurugan viernes, 13 de julio de 2012 11:47
    martes, 20 de marzo de 2012 14:17