none
Install updates for office 365 desktop updats via intune

Pregunta

• Hi,

I would like to install office 365 desktop updates for the clients computers. Windows Intune is not automatically recognizing these updates in the Microsoft updates section. If i try to upload these updates manually they become grouped under Non Microsoft updates. Even then, when i try to install, the installation fails on  client computers. Is there any way of rolling out these updates to the client computers via Intune?  What is the best way to roll out these updates?

domingo, 22 de enero de 2012 23:27

Respuestas

• Hi,

I would like to install office 365 desktop updates for the clients computers. Windows Intune is not automatically recognizing these updates in the Microsoft updates section. If i try to upload these updates manually they become grouped under Non Microsoft updates. Even then, when i try to install, the installation fails on  client computers. Is there any way of rolling out these updates to the client computers via Intune?  What is the best way to roll out these updates?

Hi Ckar,

As long as you publish these as 3rd party updates and make the install silent the installs should work as expected.  Make sure when you publish these updates you pass along the switch to make the install silent.

For the Office/Windows KB's that are in EXE or MSI format normally you'll use the /quiet switch.  Running each file at a command prompt with /? will tell you what is needed to make the install silent.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jon L - MSFT

lunes, 23 de enero de 2012 18:24
    Moderador