none
adding sbs2003 cals

Pregunta

• I need to add more cals to my SBS 2003 server.  I open add license wizard by going into admin tools but as soon as I click the next button the windows disappears.

When I check event viewer I see an application error event ID 1000

Faulting application Activation.exe version 5.2.261.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00a5d48

can anybody point me in the right direction to get the CALS installed

Thanks in advance

Thanks in Advance

sábado, 16 de junio de 2012 11:50

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Probably Data Execution Protection (DEP)...

See section titled:  "On a server that has a processor that supports hardware-based data execution prevention, the Small Business Server Add Licensing Wizard may crash"

--
    Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
    ============================
    sábado, 16 de junio de 2012 13:06
  • While I think you should fix this if you can and install the licenses, I would not spend a great deal of time or energy over it. MS may jump in here if Merv's suggestion does not resolve it.

If this continues to give you grief, put the license in a safe place, along with the others, and ignore the errors. Server 2003 and SBS 2003 has about 1.5 years of support, so you will probably be migrating before this can bite you. It does not count well in any case.

Please post back if you get it resolved, and how.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

sábado, 16 de junio de 2012 17:27
  • If the above Kb doesnt resolves the issue, you can also try to rename the folder Licensing at the location -- C:\Program files\Windows for Small Business Server\Licensing to Licensing.old

And replace the file from a working SBS2003 server and then check if your able to run the Add Licensing Wizard.

sábado, 16 de junio de 2012 17:46