jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010 16:23
my offline p2v is crashing with error 3140 before the wim gets copied to the source machine; the source machine (WIN7) is available (it pings, c: drive can be accessed by host explorer, and can be connected via rdp); i can't find any info on error 3140 - can anyone point me to a source for error code definitions or has anyone seen error 3140? I am suspicous of the wim file the host is attempting to plant on the source - what is the filename of the wim and in what folder is it located on the host? thanks for any info!
Todas las respuestas
viernes, 12 de noviembre de 2010 14:09Moderador
Please try this suggestions
viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2010 20:45Moderador
What happens if you try an online P2V? If we can use an online conversion it is preferrable.
Best Regards, Mike Briggs [MSFT] – Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 0:21
I'm getting the same error- I have to do an offline clone as it is a Domain controller we are trying to P2V. As soon as we start the P2V it fails at 1.3.1 or 40% trying to boot to WINPE environment.
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 11:42Moderador1-please try online P2V or the following Disk2VHD tool.
2. If the server is a DC, is it possible to temporarily demote it, convert it to VM and then promote it as DC again?
- Marcado como respuesta Carmen SummersMicrosoft Employee, Owner martes, 01 de marzo de 2011 17:49
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 13:56Moderador
I just want to mention that I agree with Fawzi. It`s not recommended to do a P2V on a DC. It`s also much easier to promote a new DC in stead, and then you also know that your configuration is OK.
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 13:57
thanks for the suggestion, however the article does not contain suggest any course of action that has proved beneficial
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 14:00
i ran an online p2v a few weeks ago just to witness if the process would fail or succeed - it succeeded; however, the purpose of the offline migration was to gain experience and preparedness in an offline p2v so I can be ready for the migration of my DCs. to this date, the offline p2v has not been successful - this is still an open issue
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 14:02i will try this tool next week - thanks for the suggestion
sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010 19:38Moderador
Why don't you capture some traces (procedure outlined in the general forum) and send them to me and I'll have a closer look. Send the trace files to email@example.com
viernes, 30 de marzo de 2012 22:37
Same problem and here is the solution:
1. Open an elevated command prompt and run : bcdboot c:\windows /s c: 2. This will copy the required boot files to the C drive. Notice the hidden boot folder on the root of the C drive and also the bootmgr file. 3. Set the C drive as active : You can do this from disk management or using diskpart 4. Reboot the server 5. Open disk management and make sure the C drive is marked as SYSTEM. 6. Try the P2V process again and this time it should work fine
- Propuesto como respuesta kirpal.kaushal sábado, 06 de abril de 2013 7:12
sábado, 06 de abril de 2013 7:14
In OS 2008 R2 Sp1 mentioned link is working fine for me while offline P2V
1. Open Command Prompt using run As Administrator and type bcdboot c:\windows /s c: , press enter
2. Above Command will copy the required boot files to the C drive. Cross Check the hidden boot folder on the root of the C drive and also the bootmgr file.
3. Now, Setthe C drive asactive : Youcan do this fromdisk management or using diskpart
4. Reboot the server
5. Open disk management and make sure the C drive is marked as SYSTEM.
6. Try the P2V process again and this time it should work fine