jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 16:37I am unable to install Windows 7 updates for 32 updates going back to July 2011. I have tried all the solutions I could find provided by MS. I have 32 updates waiting to be installed. When I click on "install updates" they will "install" but they cannot be configured and the process "reverts" back to the way it was before it started and I once again have 32 updates to install. Oddly, a few random updates have installed and configured, but these 32 will not.
Todas las respuestas
jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 16:51
1. Whenever you have problems with updates, look into WindowsUpdate.log and ReportingEvent.log files. Read files from the bottom up (from latest to older) and analyze error codes or reveal your findings here, or better upload logs to SkyDrive cloud repository and publish the url to repository.
2. It would be helpfull to look into Event logs and publish here your findings as to the warnings and errors.
3. Use automatix fix tool http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
4. If you know updates needed, then you can tru to download updates and install them manually (download from catalog).
5. Sometimes there is problem with regional component (.NET Framework) or the new version has been installed without patching properly the previous one (Internet Explorer)
The more relevant information you give, the faster may be solution for you.
viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 3:42what error message are you getting from Windows update exactly? Windows update is normally good with giving an exact error message with an error code when a problem arises
viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 8:40
Plase use the followng Hotfix to reset Windows Update Components
As a test, temporarily disable all security softwares. (Please enable them after troubleshooting)
Once done, check again.
Also please compress the file --- C:\Windows\ windowsupdate.log and CBS.log, upload the file via SkyDrive and post a link here. Then we could analyze the problem deeply through this log.
- Editado Della Li viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 8:40
viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 14:06
Ashok J Prakash
If a post solved your problem, click “Mark as Answer” on the post.
If a post helped you, click "Vote As Helpful" on the left side of post.
- Propuesto como respuesta Ashok JP viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012 14:06
sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 0:01
To view windows update log: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=8bbbadaa08abaf9c&resid=8BBBADAA08ABAF9C!103&parid=root
Unable to locate ReportingEvent.log
Tried Automatic Fix Tool multiple times and it does not resolve the issue.
Unable to install updates manually throught the catalogue. Error message: "KBxxxxxx does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer."
The update procedure is as follows. I install the updates via Windows Update. The updates download and I restart the computer. The installation configuration fails at 7 or 8% and there is the following error message: "Failure configuring windows updates. Reverting changes."
sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 0:03
Hotfix fails to resolve the issue with all security softwares disabled.
Unable to locate cbs.log
sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 0:04
FixIt Tool fails to resolve the issue.
A scan fails to identify any damaged files.
sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 10:14
1. Give a try to System Update Readiness Tool here
2. Double check the time and time zone
3. Reveal what errors ansd warnings are in Event logs.
4. You should pair the update attempt time with that of log file, otherwise all other attempts to update would be information interference
- Marcado como respuesta Juke ChouMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator miércoles, 04 de abril de 2012 8:01