none
Get owner of appointment

Dotaz

• Hi, 

I am using the EWS Managed API 1.1 with Exchange 2010 SP1 to get Streaming Notifications of events.

So far, so good.

I have setup impersonation receive events of multiple mailboxes.

Whenever I get a notification of an appointment, I want to know which mailboxuser (smtp-address) the item belongs to.

The organizer of the appointment does not work because of the recipients.

Is there a way to achieve this?

26. ledna 2011 14:56

Všechny reakce

• Hello letscode,

At first thought the Appointment.LastModifiedName might work but I'm uncertain whether that property is set when an appointment is created. Also, I'm unsure how it would be handled in the case of delegate access create/update.

I think the approach will be to use extended properties to access this information. I might have found the property you need: PidLidOwnerName. If that isn't the property, then you should search the Exchange Server Protocols Master Property List

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

26. ledna 2011 19:05
    Moderátor
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I will try to solve my problem using exploring the extended properties.

It seems a bit strange though that the owner of the item is not a standard property of an Item.

Regards,

Letscode

[edit]

I searched a lot with Outlook Spy, and it seems that property: 0x800A - InetAcctName stores the information that I need: the smtpaddress of the user.
    I try to load this property, but is it always null.

I use the following code

[code]

Guid setId = new Guid("{00062008-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}");

ExtendedPropertyDefinition def = new ExtendedPropertyDefinition(setId, 0x800A, MapiPropertyType.String);

PropertySet propertySet= new PropertySet(BasePropertySet.FirstClassProperties);

propset.Add(def);

return propset;

GetItemResponse response = service.BindToItems(new List<ItemId> { itemId }, propset).Single();

return response.Item as Appointment;

[/code]

[/edit]

27. ledna 2011 8:19
  • Does anyone have a suggestion to above question?
    9. února 2011 8:54
  • Hello letscode,

I reproduced your scenario and find the same results when I request that property. I will respond when I have more information.

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

9. února 2011 18:38
    Moderátor
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your investigations, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Letscode

24. února 2011 7:52
  • Your question is very similar, that i have yesterday: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdevelopment/thread/351c3670-d3d9-40e1-8e2b-5c814ade8551

My idea was to go over the ParentFolderID to the root-folder. But I'm afraid, that this way leeds to nothing.

For me it's very important to know, who is the owner.

If i can get the owner over extended propertys, this will be enough for me. But if this doesn't work, i have a big problem.

24. února 2011 8:40