none
How to migration Qmail (Open source mail) to exchange2010?

Frage

• Q-Mail migration to Exchange2010.

1. How to Migrate all mail box on Q-Mail to Exchange2010 that total size around 1 TB?

2. How to migrate address book that store on horde (ver 3.x) to Exchange2010?

3. Exchange for DR solution also need.

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 07:53

Antworten

• 1.  You can have the users download all their mail to a PST and then copy it into the mailbox, which is the cheapest solution.  Otherwise you're looking at a third-party tool like Quest or a cloud service like http://www.migrationwiz.com.

2.  I don't know.  Start searching the Internet for third-party tools.

3.  That is what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question so complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from us that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue deserves.  You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with you, and/or pick up Tony Redmond's and Jim McBee's books and start reading.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 13:53
  • To add to Ed's suggestions..

1) Check out ImapSync. It's an open source product that can sync most IMAP mailboxes to Exchange (or other IMAP servers). I know of a few large orgs (Edu) that have used this successfully. Of course, because it's Open Source you don't get the option to pay for guaranteed support.

2) As long as you can get it off Horde (I vaguely know it..) then you can get it into Exchange. Check out this script I wrote for a similar purpose:

Using PowerShell to import contacts into Exchange

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

Montag, 18. Juni 2012 09:55

Alle Antworten

• 1.  You can have the users download all their mail to a PST and then copy it into the mailbox, which is the cheapest solution.  Otherwise you're looking at a third-party tool like Quest or a cloud service like http://www.migrationwiz.com.

2.  I don't know.  Start searching the Internet for third-party tools.

3.  That is what I call a "consulting engagement question", a question so complicated or requiring so many follow-up data-collection questions from us that we can't possibly give you the depth of information the issue deserves.  You really ought to hire a consultant to work this project through with you, and/or pick up Tony Redmond's and Jim McBee's books and start reading.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 13:53
  • To add to Ed's suggestions..

1) Check out ImapSync. It's an open source product that can sync most IMAP mailboxes to Exchange (or other IMAP servers). I know of a few large orgs (Edu) that have used this successfully. Of course, because it's Open Source you don't get the option to pay for guaranteed support.

2) As long as you can get it off Horde (I vaguely know it..) then you can get it into Exchange. Check out this script I wrote for a similar purpose:

Using PowerShell to import contacts into Exchange

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

Montag, 18. Juni 2012 09:55
  • +1 for migrationwiz. 
    • Bearbeitet Mr_LouisC Montag, 18. Juni 2012 16:41 .
    Montag, 18. Juni 2012 16:40