none
Download OAB for non-domain joined computer in Exchange 2010

    Frage

  • Hi All,

    I am setting up an environment to migrate Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, all things is running smooth except I cannot download OAB internally for client that are using non-domain joined computer. (External is not tested as the IP is not ready)

    Background of the Exchange environment:

    Exchange 2003 x1
    Exchange 2010 x2 (set as CAS Array without NLB and DAG group member)


    When I tried to download OAB by pressing "Send/Receive" button in Outlook (2007 / 2010), error message is prompted as below:
    "Microsoft Exchange has reported an error (0x8004010F): Object not found"

    In the "Sync Issue" folder, error message:
    Cannot find URL
    0x8004010F

    I have run the command:

    Set-AddressList “All Users” –IncludedRecipients MailboxUsers
    Set-AddressList “All Groups” –IncludedRecipients Mailgroups
    Set-AddressList “All Contacts” –IncludedRecipients MailContactsSet-AddressList "Public Folders" -RecipientFilter { RecipientType -eq 'PublicFolder' }
    Set-GlobalAddressList "Default Global Address List" -RecipientFilter {(Alias -ne $null -and (ObjectClass -eq 'user' -or ObjectClass -eq 'contact' -or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchSystemMailbox' -or ObjectClass -eq 'msExchDynamicDistributionList' -or ObjectClass -eq 'group' -or ObjectClass -eq 'publicFolder'))}

    When I try to test the autodiscover, it is running successfully for domain joined computer but not non-domain joined computer.

    Non-domain joined: 
    Autoconfiguration has started, this may take up to a minute
    Autoconfiguration was unable to determine your settings.

    Is there anything I need to configure in DNS for my non-domain joined computer?

    Please advise.

    Thanks,

    Jack Chan




    Freitag, 30. März 2012 04:49

Antworten

  • You should create new dns zone with autodiscover record pointing to IP address of your exchange server

    Regards, Konrad Sagala, MCT, MCSE+M, MCITP: Exchange 2007/2010

    • Als Antwort markiert Jack Chan KL Sonntag, 1. April 2012 10:06
    Freitag, 30. März 2012 12:02

Alle Antworten

  • Hi,

    This could very well be an autodiscover problem.

    Did you create the internal autodiscover A record in DNS (domain joined workstations uses the SCP record - non domain joined workstations must use DNS)?

    Leif

    Freitag, 30. März 2012 07:04
  • Thanks for reply Leif,

    Some of the users are using another smtp domain, say
    user1@domain1.com
    user2@domain2.com
    user3@domain3.com

    And my DNS is creating one Zone with domain1.com

    How can I create a DNS record in my DNS server for all these autodiscover?
    Would you please advise?

    Sorry I am a newbie on Exchange and AD.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Jack

    Freitag, 30. März 2012 11:54
  • You should create new dns zone with autodiscover record pointing to IP address of your exchange server

    Regards, Konrad Sagala, MCT, MCSE+M, MCITP: Exchange 2007/2010

    • Als Antwort markiert Jack Chan KL Sonntag, 1. April 2012 10:06
    Freitag, 30. März 2012 12:02
  • Hi Konrad,

    I found that there is an autodiscover SRV redirect:

    http://www.more2know.nl/tag/autodiscover-srv/

    Would you please advise if this method is workable? 
    Or I need to create a new DNS zone for autodiscover?

    Thanks.

    Regrads,
    Jack

    Samstag, 31. März 2012 01:53
  • It doesn't metter if you use A record or SRV record - Outlook checks autodiscover record for specific domain, so you need dns zones for all email domains you use.

    SRV record is valuable when you can't add another name to CAS certificate. But A record is easier to configure.


    Regards, Konrad Sagala, MCT, MCSE+M, MCITP: Exchange 2007/2010


    Samstag, 31. März 2012 21:19
  • Thanks Konrad.

    The problem is solved by creating a new dns zone.

    Sonntag, 1. April 2012 10:06
  • I ran into this exact same issue.  Sure enough there was no DNS record setup for autodiscover.  However, just adding the A record did not completely solve the problem.  I had to also make sure the client was not using cashed mode.  Adding the A record for autodiscover also started giving these users certificate failures because there was not cert for autodiscover.
    Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012 21:32