none
Exchange services goes down whenever DC goes down

Frage

• I have one DC and ADC of 2008 R2 and Exchange Server 2010 on seperate member server

recently i have some issues in DC , thus when ever my DC goes down the Exchange services also stops and donot start until DC becomes online ...... how can i configure exchange so that he can use ADC whenever DC is unavailble , is there any solution for that

Samstag, 16. Juni 2012 13:23

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• you can add a second DC to your environment and set it as a GC, when DC does go down then exchange will automatically connect to the next available DC /GC in your environment.

Exchange is dependant on you AD environment, thus if you have 2 DC's you can do scheduled maintenance or if you have a sudden restart of one of them your Exchange environment wont fall over.

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 07:08
  • I already have a second ADC that is GC too in my environment , and i have put its Ip address on Alternate DNS of Exchange server but still whenever DC goes down exchange services goes down ...

i have read a post that it take time about 20 min to access another ADC is it correct?

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 09:02
  • Yes it polls every 15 min, in event viewer the Process STORE.EXE (PID=2520), what does that say?

You can point your exchange to the second DC while you resolve issues with you DC as listed above?

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 09:20
  • can you post one of the event logs for the Topology Discovery please so we can examine this?
    Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012 09:41